1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Monetary options

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 5, 2013.

?
  1. Second (or more) job

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Recycling (aluminum, etc)

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Consignment

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Bartering

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. My spouse works

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  6. Others in my house works

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Rent rooms in my home

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yard sales

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Other means (Please list)

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  10. There is no other income in my household

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What, beyond your "main" job, do you do to bring in money to the household?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Investments in income producing mutual funds.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Since I'm retired, my total income comes primarily from my AT&T pension and early buy out as well as my military retirement.

Social Security [I guess I'll get it this month. :smilewinkgrin:] also helps + some very minor investments.

(OTOH, I agree with the author of Psalm 121 as to the REAL source of my help!! :thumbsup:)

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I am not doing it at the moment, but I was doing a bit of online stuff. Writing here and there. You know when you go online and type in questions and come across answers or find recipes on websites? Someone writes all that, and optimizes it for search engines. I was writing for a company that websites outsource to, picking up a bit extra.

I'd like to pick up some writing again, but probably not that. I don't play well with others when it comes to writing and having editors for something so simple was really annoying.

5. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Selling stuff online. Small things don't work that well on the side, you're just working for free. Big items though, you can mark it up a small amount and one item makes more than 20-30-50 small items. Works much better for "on the side" stuff, assuming your goal is actually income and not having a hobby.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Both my husband and I work along with my two grown daughters. I also do things online like Swagbucks, MyPoints, Pinecone and the like to earn some extra money for fun things like iPads, iPhones, Kindles and stuff like that. :)

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Invest, as I have for a long time now. More conservative investments now.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I go out and do my PT - either walking or riding my bike, I collect soda bottles for deposit. Wont make me rich - but those nickels do add up over a period of time.

9. rcdpink

rcdpink New Member

Back in 2013 I began to become a bit frustrated about the jobless situation that I was in. I was sending out applications but was getting no response. I turned to the Internet to see if there were any kind of online jobs. I found 2 alternatives thankfully. The first one was trading on the foreign exchange market and the second one was freelance writing. They have proven to be challenging over the years but as I grow I am improving on both of them, and I still do them occasionally even since being employed for a commuting job.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

I am currently working as a freelance content writer, and this is my main and only job as of now. It's working pretty well on my end, and I am able to make ends meet every month. However, I still want to pursue a more stable job in the future. I am just trying to save enough money right now so that I could go to the big city, rent an apartment, and be more independent.

11. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

My spouse works. He was off work due to health reasons for quite some time so it is nice to have him back at work and to have the extra income just to make ends meet. I also do a bit of work online for a few dollars a month. With the cost of living being so high, every little bit goes a long way.