1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God is still in the healing business

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I received the following message from a friend yesterday. We have not see each other for a number of years.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MS? A big part of this disease is that there are many come-&-go intervals, in which the debilitating symptoms may be lessened, or even disappear, for a time. But they do return, sooner or later. Keep us informed on this one.

And while you will probably think this is disparaging, it is not meant to be. But if this patient went to a 'healing' where she was the (or 'a') center of attention, her feeling no, or less, pain is a normal happening to all that stimuli. I made that work myself once, years ago. I had (and have) chronic back pain associated with my bad (twice-replaced) hip joint. One morning it was really bad, and I got the notion to turn on the television and see if some show I knew about was on where did such 'healings,' and sure enough, the speaker mentioned something like, "Someone is out there with back pain-- in the name of Jesus, I rebuke you, pain, leave that person!" It actually worked-- to an extent. The pain always does lessen as the day goes along and I get active. But that morning it was like a surge of-- I guess I'll say it-- 'healing power;' well that, or a lightning-quick anti-inflammatory medication. And, of course, it didn't last.

So that's why I say that if you're going to claim healings or "miracles," I will have to see someone with a missing limb grow a new one or something like that. But being psyched into feeling better-- that is, being able to bear more pain or function better-- is something the person was already capable of.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can and still does do healings as a sign and a witness to himself, but He also works through medicine, doctors, and even the grave to bring us healing!