1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beach Fun

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 14, 2014.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Have you ever been a part of a big (church) group (adults) that have gone to the beach together for a couple of days....over a weekend? What kind of things did you plan (and didn't plan.)?

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

I was part of a ministry team in the 90's that was invited several times to the Laguna Beach Christian Retreat to lead students in a week or weekend of discipleship training.

There were 4 of us with our wives and children in tow. Most of time we were involved the whole week, but some times we were only needed for the morning & evening sessions.

In those times we did all kinds of stuff together. Laguna is in Panama City Beach area, so there was much to do.

*Some beaches will let you have a small fire - campfires are usually fun - singing, marshmallows, etc. *beach games *volleyball *frisbees *call a smaller local church and see if they need help with anything *of course beaches are full of lost people!

It took a couple of times for us to figure out what we needed (especially for the kids) to make our time there comfortable (sand in the sheets, not good). Always take cleaning supplies - cleaner with bleach, gloves, paper towels, TP, towels, bath mat, flip-flops, roach spray, bug spray and the list goes on...

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The beach is anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes away for us so we don't tend to go away for a long period of time to visit one. But we do often get together with a group of friends from church to go to the South Shore ocean beaches. It's great fun!

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Au Train, MI has a beautiful beach (by Midwest standards) a few hours north of us. Probably would not want to swim there most days. Lake Superior can get chilly. Wonderful picnic spot, though.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I went to the beach over thanksgiving with my sister, but we only went out to the actual beach once during the two days I was there. I like feeding the birds.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Friends attend a Baptist church that has baptisms at the beach, followed by a cookout. We went with them once. Very interesting.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have a beach baptism every August. Baptizing in the ocean CAM be very interesting, especially when the waves are quite big. We usually have one pastor baptizing and another spotting the waves to get the timing right. In some cases, they don't even need to lower the person being baptized because the waves are so big!

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What! No one has mentioned that mixed bathing is prohibited according to Hezekiah 12:24