1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TapaTalk Users: DO NOT UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by InTheLight, Dec 17, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a new update for TapaTalk for Android (not sure about iOS, but probably). I blithely installed it on my tablet and am furious! Everything has changed. The new UI is confusing. You can't see very many thread headers on the screen. "Favorites" seems to be missing from the drop down menu. Their forum is filled with angry people, i.e. "I only registered so I could post that your new version Sux." "How do I roll back to a previous version." "This is the worst update of any software I've ever updated in my 30 years of using computers." etc. etc.

I'm going to see if I can revert to a previous version, it's that bad.

Thankfully, my phone is still on the previous iteration of TapaTalk.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I had to redownload tapatalk as I got a new phone. Aside from an interface difference, things seemed fine. Until I started noticing that some people's posts are devoid of content. And I don't mean that they use a lot of words and say nothing, I mean that I can't see what they wrote.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Turns out I had bought Tapatalk Pro for my phone and had the free version on my tablet. I uninstalled the free version and installed the Pro version on my tablet. Ahhhh...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too late, updated without thinking & now wish I could go back to a previous version.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No problems with the most recent version here.

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forum Fiend for Android works well for browsing forums, but most posts disappear without showing up after hitting submit. Have not found any other viable alternatives yet.