1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Prolife myth

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Apr 13, 2015.

1. targus

targus New Member

Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning.

Please explain.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't really know! I simply assume "wade" and Zaac are mimicking Crabbie! That is his standard response to those who take a stand against the slaughter of unborn children, ~4000 each day as you noted earlier!

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

First, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

Second, it referred to the fact that some people on here believe that murdering an unborn child is a greater sin than murdering a born child (or adult).

"A person who supports the slaughter of the unborn is worse than an Islamic Terrorist!" - OldRegular

"War is hell for sure Crabbie but a person who supports the slaughter of the unborn is worse than the Islamic terrorists and deserving of worse condemnation than they are!" - OldRegular

I never said anyone supports the murder of the already born. Simply that they believe murder of the already born is a lesser sin than murder of the unborn.

4. targus

targus New Member

Which victims are least able to defend themselves?

Which victims are murdered by the very persons that God provided to protect them?

5. matt wade

Show me with Scripture were the murder of the unborn is a sin demanding higher consequence than murder of the already born.

6. OldRegular

Scripture tells us:

Romans 3:23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

I believe that the doctrine of inherited sin nature is Biblical, that every person born into this world will sin and is therefore no longer innocent. I believe the unborn child or the just born child or very young children are innocent.

Scripture also tells us {repeating from an earlier post}:

Proverbs 6:16-19
    16. These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

God hates the hands that shed innocent blood, therefore I believe that the slaughter of the unborn or the just born child is worse than the murder of an adult. I believe God does also! If I am wrong God will hold me accountable but no one on this board can, especially those hypocrites on this BB who support the continuation of this slaughter!

In 2002 Congress passed a law that required medical treatment for babies alive after being aborted. Barak Obama, as an Illinois state senator , three times was able to stop passage of such a law in Illinois yet some on this BB proudly support Obama and the democrat party. Following is more about Obama:

7. matt wade

Prove from Scripture that an unborn child or the just born child or the very young children have not inherited the sin nature.

8. targus

targus New Member

Duplicate post.

#28 targus, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  9. targus

targus New Member

I did not say anything concerning that at all.

But are all actions equal?

Are the actions of a child stealing a piece of candy the same as an adult going on a murder spree with an automatic weapon?

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you tell a falsehood again.

You are upset with me because I called you out as being only pro-birth and not pro[-life. And, that is true. You care nothing about helping those already born.

Of course being pro-birth costs you nothing. Being truly pro-life may cost you and you do not like that idea at all.

As another poster pointed out you are prime example of those described in the OP ... sorry to say.

Remember the scripture in Matthew describing the last judgement?

Let me remind you:

#30 Crabtownboy, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  11. targus

targus New Member

Actually CTB is an example of the OP.

Spinning the myth that "prolife" means not caring.

Then taking that myth and tainting people that he does not know with it.

A technique know as bigotry.

12. OldRegular

You are a "little" man Crabbie! I don't mean little in stature because I have never seen you. But you are "little in mind and in spirit". You know nothing about me other than I am a Republican and hate those who perform, support, and justify abortion. Yet you say that I care nothing about those already born.

My guess is that targus may have had you in mind when he started this thread:

I am going to post that Scripture and another Crabbie which I hope you will take to heart!

Isaiah 5:20, 21
    20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Proverbs 6:16-19
    16. These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Surely no person is more innocent than an unborn child!

13. OldRegular

I should have scrolled down further Crabbie. I did not see the Scripture you posted but I believe you are deviously questioning my salvation. Don't be "little" Crabbie. Man up to it and be direct!

14. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pro-life has a specific public meaning and you are trying to twist it to fit Democrat talking points. That sort of rhetorical trick will only work with Democrats, who have a plank in their platform calling for abortion on demand.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now , now. I have no need to mimic anyone. My brain works just fine. :laugh:

And speaking of my brain, it always asks this question when people say what you said.

Now we who follow Christ have staked out ground that says killing a baby in the womb is STILL killing. It IS a person.

Scripture tells us, "For ALL have sinned". Rom. 3:23

So have the unborn babies sinned or not? Are they part of the ALL? I had it drilled in my head from the time I was a little kid and through Seminary that ALL means ALL.

So how do you reconcile the innocence of the unborn or just born or very young with your statement if Scripture is true?

It would appear that your approach opens the door to NOT believe Scripture and thus reason to render the unborn as not part of the ALL.

And if they aren't part of the ALL, then you're giving pro-abortionists more reason to be okay with abortion.

16. OldRegular

And they spent part of one evening at the last nominating convention celebrating their position on the slaughter of the unborn child. Yet CTB makes excuses!

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You simply want to keep the term pro-life simple so you can feel good. But you really are not pro-life. Many who claim to be pro-life are not really pro-life ... they, and you, are simply pro-birth and you care nothing about providing for those kids in need once they are born. That would cost you and you do not want to pay the price of being truly pro-life.

You support a party that claims they are pro-life, but they are not. They simply want to collect votes by keeping it simply and blowing smoke. Your party wants to take away what little the poor and those in need have.

18. OldRegular

And just how does an unborn child sin? You really need a lesson in reading comprehension!

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For heavens sake, you cannot find the scripture in Matthew. I can only surmise from this that you have very little Biblical knowledge.

Ok, I will give you the reference:

Matthew 25:31-46

You will note there is nothing about abortion, nothing about birth in this passage on what the judgment will consist of. But there is a huge amount on how we will be judged considering how we treat others. This includes others in need, obviously in need.

20. OldRegular

I repeat CTB!