1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Album Sales Hit a New Low

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Don, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is this in the computer section? Because it has to do with the increasing digitization of music.

Here's my opinion, and I have to admit, I'm only guessing: Walmart, Target, and other chain retailers need to be looking ahead to how they're going to replace CD sales (if they aren't already).

The person who comes up with the kiosk that you can pay 99 cents, attach your phone or MP3 player, and download the song (similar to a Redbox rental kiosk), might be tapping into the market....but as the article says, the person who can crack the revenue stream puzzle for streaming music is going to walk away with a ton of money. I'm surprised that I haven't seen "gift cards" for Pandora or Spotify, or other streaming music apps...or maybe I haven't been paying attention.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely you know about Wal-Mart music online, Google Play Music, Apple iTunes, etc. that allow buyers to download music to their computers and/or phones?

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :)

But according to the music industry, they're measuring success by album sales....