1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Six Bullets ... and their lasting effect on the integrity of a police force

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 18, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First report on autopsy of Michael Brown:http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/...rid7|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=516560

Just before the Revolutionary War broke, there was the "Shot heard Around the World!" http://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-declaration-of-independence/the-shot-heard-round-the-world/ Will these six shots be as famous at the one that started our countries break from English rule?

Will these six bullets lead to a change in the way our laws are administered and enforced? I sure hope so, because it doesn't matter what the color of that individual's skin was, what matter was that a human being was killed, and the more that comes out on the incident in Ferguson, the more damning it looks for that cop!

The question will not be, be can peace be restored to this small suburb to St. Louis. But rather, will trust ever be regained by the public towards the police force in Ferguson, as well as the police and sheriff's all around this country?

What do you think?

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Skin color is the only thing that matters. Had a black officer shot a white person, there would be no riots and little chance of long-running national news exposure.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have to agree with this, sadly.
    and I'm not even white, or black.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed,

I agree, and had a black cop killed a white person, there would be be less media and protesting.

But what I see is that a portion of the black community is still feeling like it's white vs black, and that is the playing of the proverbial race card, and I would have hoped by now that the race card would be put to its eternal rest. We are all Americans, and skin color should not be the issue. The issue should be if a cop wrongfully or righteously killed the teen.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I wonder if it would help anything if the President would stand up and say "We have a human being that may have been unjustly shot by another human being. That should be first and foremost in the focus of the ongoing investigation and the primary concern of protestors at this time, no matter the race or beliefs of anyone involved in any part of this tragedy. I ask that all involved treat this situation with the respect and gravity any..."

Awww man. Never mind. Not gonna happen. He really needs a new speech writer.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I make a guess, which is hopefully a wrong one, the reason the race card does not die down is because race is a discussion, mostly agreed on, around the dinner table, or in family reunions, or in reminiscences.
    And it doesn't help that there are politicians who do not care at all about anybody, black or white, as long as they can portray themselves champions of the downtrodden black.
    nor do nut cases like Jackson and Sharpton help.
    and to be a little more blunt about it, I think many of those blacks in Ferguson just see race issues as a reason to riot and loot.

7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're absolutely right. Whether the officer was justified in shooting Brown or not, both the Ferguson police and state police have bungled this from the beginning and in every possible area.

Two positives I see coming out of that are that liberals are finally starting to get on board with the fact that the police are now officially out of control and that more and more people are now calling for police body cameras, which will help to prevent civil liberties violations and help to avoid situations like this.

The bad news is that we're witnessing the death of race relations. We were making so much progress and were constantly told that we were in a "post-racial society". But I don't see how we can say that anymore, as this is a giant step back.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

One thing about this - because the number of bullets in one on one cases tends to shed light IMO - would this not speak a tiny bit to the officer's defense? In the way one bullet seemed to negate Zimmerman's fear claim a bit.

It's not solid proof, just a small indicator. People in fear tend to empty the gun, sometimes unable to recall doing so. Sometimes victims who defend themselves are in hot water for what is perceived as going overboard, but it is a known psychological response in many humans. Sometimes you see it in fist fights - one person blanks out and may even hit their own mom when pulled away, not realizing the threat is over.

Just a thought. I am watching this one with no formed opinion, since too much tainted info was out by the time I heard about it.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I have gathered, contrary to what has been voiced in the black community --the "gentle giant" was not shot in the back. We'll eventually see pics of Wilson's bruised and battered face. Brown was a bruiser and was coming at Wilson full charge from an initial distance of 35 feet I think it was. Wilson odered him to freeze, but he was ignored. Wilson shot him in the right arm four times to slow him down. Then, he shot him in the head when he realized his life was in jeapardy. We'll see if forensics bears it out that the head shot was the last shot. I can't account for the other bullet at this time.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Autopsy done by the family shows no bullet holes in the back which refutes the "testimony" of the felon with him that said he was trying to get away while being shot in the back.

Most holes are in his arm which shows he was either using his right arm to assault or attain a weapon. Even the hole in the top of his head shows him advancing towards the officer as recent testimony states.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Autopsy says the bullet that went into the top of his head exited his right eye. I would like to know how that is possible if a 6' 4" person is charging toward someone.

Also, the police say that shots were fired from inside the squad car as Brown was attempting to get the officer's gun. Let's wait and see if there is gunpowder residue on Brown's clothes before we conclude he was shot in the arm trying to get a weapon.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are some folks who get more upset when a dog or some animal is shot by the police.

Sounds like we need to get our priorities straighten out, whether the victim is an animal or a human.

13. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

What I am upset about is how everyone is automatically assuming the officer is guilty. He may be. Or he may have been assaulted. We don't know for sure. All we do know is that the best friend's testimony is a lie. Does that prove the officer is innocent? No. But it lends him credence.

We also have strong evidence that Brown was a thief, who pushes old people out of the way. This also lends credence to the officer.

The officer was treated for injuries to the face. This also lends him credence.

Now, the officer may still be guilty. But the evidence is starting to stack up to say he wasn't.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The autopsy also said all of the bullets went in from the front, contrary to false eye witness accounts.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, so? Sounds like a witness was lying. That's why we have autopsies.

Autopsy says the bullet that went into the top of his head exited his right eye. I would like to know how that is possible if a 6' 4" person is charging toward someone.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why?...............

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's guilty, all right.

But he may not be guilty of a crime. Nobody knows the whole story, yet

But the victim being shot 6 times is being played up by some media and most race baiters as overkill or over-eagerness to kill.

4 of the shots being in the arm tells us a lot, but we don't know exactly what all it tells us yet.

This may very well end up like the Trayvon Martin case. When all the facts are placed on the table, the officer may have been found to have acted entirely properly. We already know, by the evidence, that the "eye witness" is a liar.

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev Mitchell used the correct word "false" as opposed to Carpo who said "liar"

A lie is a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive.

It could be that witness THOUGHT one thing, but was mistaken.

We need to be very careful calling someone a liar.

Sapper Woody had an excellent response in post 13.

20. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some reports are alleging that the autopsy showed marijuana present.