1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Gospel of the Kingdom vs. The Gospel of Grace

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by beameup, Aug 26, 2013.

1. beameup

beameup Member

After presenting the Gospel of the death and resurrection of Jesus, Peter presents to the Jews ("the circumcision")
    their steps to salvation and receipt of the Holy Spirit(Acts 2:22-37):
    Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
    for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Later, Peter is in the presence of Gentiles and presents them the Gospel and while he is yet speaking they received the Holy Ghost.
    No "repentance", no "baptism", only belief (faith).
    Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
    And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter,
    because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Gospel of Grace, The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles:
    Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    By which also ye are saved
    For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    1 Corinthians 15:1, 2a, 3, 4

Israel had the opportunity to accept Jesus as the Messiah and usher in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth at that time.
    As was the case with John the Baptist, genetic Israelites had to repent AND be baptized after receiving the Gospel of the Kingdom.
    There would have been a Tribulation at that time of 7 years and destruction of the Temple as prophesied in Scripture.
    They failed to accept the Messiah as a nation, and after the destruction of the Temple in 70AD, all opportunity was lost.

Now, almost 2,000 years later, genetic Israel is once again "in the land" and the Temple MUST be rebuilt in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
    Things are really "heating up" in the Middle East (in case you haven't noticed :laugh: ). The 70th week of Daniel awaits fulfillment...

The Gospel of Paul, The Gospel for the Gentiles, The Gospel of Grace:
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Eph 2:8

#1 beameup, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is false from start to finish as grace is the only way God has ever saved anyone.

3. beameup

beameup Member

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Mat 24:14

Let me guess... this was fulfilled in 70AD. :laugh:

4. beameup

beameup Member

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, [Paul ]
    as the gospel of the circumcision was committed unto Peter
    Galatians 2:7

The Gospel of the Uncircumcision is the Gospel of Grace (through faith without works).
    The Gospel of the Circumcision is the Gospel of the Kingdom (including works).

The Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation by believing genetic Israelites (ie: "Jacob").

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The end of the Jewish theocracy did happen then.[it was the end of the age]The gospel was already expanding into the world by then....it is still expanding until the rapture on the last day.:thumbsup:

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is horrible teaching in that it is without any biblical support...there is one gospel.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SAME Gospel for both jew and gentile, for Christ is the Messiah for both!

the entire NT is inspired and written for both jews and gentiles!

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    beamup is trying to follow the divided truth...but it divides to far as you can see. He is being consistent but it is fatally flawed.

9. beameup

beameup Member

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
    Luke 11:2

We are still waiting. The Rapture and Tribulation are "at the door".
    The Kingdom will be preached by the circumcision during the Tribulation. :wavey:

"rightly dividing the Word of Truth"

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    beameup
    [/QUOTE]

Rightly dividing the word:
    3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

11. beameup

beameup Member

what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world [age]? Matthew 24:3b

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness
    unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    Matthew 24:14

#11 beameup, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Espousing the Oharite heresies [word used of cultic beliefs as bad as the false Gospel of LDS or JW's] of the so-called "grace" movement will show a person is at heart NOT a "Baptist" but loyal to another group.

:wavey:

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's because there won't be any believers in the world immediately after the Rapture. They will have to arise from the truth that is before their eyes, i.e., "My friends are gone! Where did they go?"

14. beameup

beameup Member

I place the harpazo at the point of the war of Ezekiel 38-39 where God clearly demonstrates his defense and protection of Israel (the real Israel).
    At that point, many Jews will "reconsider" the Christian Gospel of Jesus as the Messiah, and become believers.
    I consider the Tribulation to be a separate "dispensation" with different "rules" concerning salvation.
    For example, tribulation believers can lose their salvation by taking the "mark of the Beast" - they are not "sealed" by the H.S.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I was raised Conservative Baptist and taught that all scripture is equally applicable for doctrine, reproof, instruction.
    I was taught to open the Bible and point to a verse and directly apply it to myself as doctrine, instruction (for example).
    I have since become convinced that that the Pauline Epistles are "foundational" (all of them!) - I learned this quite on my own.
    According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. 1 Cor 3:10
    Personally, I consider 1st and 2nd Corinthians to be the most important Epistles for myself. Of course, being filled with the Holy Spirit was the key to understanding.

#14 beameup, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is another term for Hyper-Dispy, correct?

I am a progressive Dispy, holding to DoG also, but would not divide the Bible up s o that ONLY paul wrote to gentiles, all other NT to Jews!

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

Israel and the church are separate, and will be preserved separately. God did not renege on His promises to Israel. As He said to Abraham, so will it be. If one doesn't recognize that as the truth, one needs to study more diligently.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    thisnumbersdisconnected

Paul did not seem to believe this....

14 For he is our peace,
    who hath made both one,
    and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

18. beameup

beameup Member

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
    lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part
    is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
    And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out
    of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: ["Jacob" is genetic Israel]
    Rom 11:25-26

"blindness in part" - some Jews will be saved along with the Gentiles during this present time of the Church.
    "the fullness of the Gentiles be come in - when the last Gentile is saved "in Christ" in the Church (ie: Rapture).
    "all (genetic) Israel will be saved" - the remnant of Jews surviving the Tribulation will "call upon the name of the Lord".