1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Could Fallen Adam choose Life

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Nov 2, 2014.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You know Brother Larry, I may not agree with everything you post, but probably better than 90% agreement....I am awesomely amazed at how quick you have an answer for questions thrown @ you.

BTW, I agree with this post of yours. I heard an ORB Elder, Elder Mike Slone, the SGA Moderator preach about this very thing about a year ago. Man was it a blessed sermon....he is "old regular" on here...although he rarely posts on here...

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Adams choice only conformed to God's Purpose and decree, Adam would choose to do what God predestinated him to do ! Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Prov 19:21

21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which is saying God made him sin.......unavoidable conclusion of your position.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Elder Slone and I have had contact in the past. I believe we may have spoken over the phone once.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I love your Scripture but still question the typology!

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No worries, the Lord will forgive you for it! :)

[add]

...incidentally, the belief that Adam chose to die to be with Eve is old Rabbinical in origin.

#46 kyredneck, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it;
    28 Even so ought husbands also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his own wife loveth himself:
    29 for no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as Christ also the church; Gal 5

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh.
    32 This mystery is great: but I speak in regard of Christ and of the church. Eph 5

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve in his craftiness, your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity and the purity that is toward Christ.
    4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or if ye receive a different spirit, which ye did not receive, or a different gospel, which ye did not accept, ye do well to bear with him. 2 Cor 11

....and there's no shortage of scriptures making the connection of husband and wives/Eve to the mystery of Christ and the Church.

#47 kyredneck, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I speak with Brother Mike from time-to-time. Novemember of 2013, I went to a church in Magoffin county he pastors, named Mt. Moriah. It was there I heard him preach the picture of Adam dying to be with his bride as a typology of Christ and His bride. I wanted to leap through the roof!!! In a good way...:D

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

John Gill says the same:

10. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

No, steaver, from what I understand there is some rationale in which man is predestined by God to sin, but God is not responsible for sin, man is. Somehow man, who we've acknowledged is predestined to sin, and cannot help but sin, and has no choice but to sin, is solely responsible for the sin he cannot help but commit because of his predestination. In other words, God caused sin, but God is not responsible for sin. Man, meanwhile, is accountable for actions he cannot help but commit. Confused? I am, but I'm also tired,

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the likeness of Adam`s transgression, who is a figure of him that was to come. Ro 5

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation is indeed a free gift, but God has ordained that faith is the sole means of obtaining it!

13. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Choosing to live forever and choosing God are not the same thing. Every sinner I know wants eternal life, but not one wants the God who gives life.No Calvinist I know thinks that man is incapable of choice, but we know through scripture and experience that none choose God.

#53 thatbrian, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015