1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tyndale Theological Seminary?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Sea Level Baptist, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Sea Level Baptist

Sea Level Baptist New Member

Any opinions on, or experiences with, Tyndale Theological Seminary (tyndale.edu)?

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are an offshoot of DTS w/out the progressive dispensationalism. They lack the prestigious faculty of DTS, but they have the potential (Dr. Cone is a sharp guy along w/ some others). They've begun a publication ministry putting out books (many on dispensational issues) and even a theological journal "Journal of Dispensational Theology." They are calvinistic and practice a plurality of elders form of church-planting (a ministry the school has). Academically, I think it would be very challenging. You can do many courses d.e. I believe.

Their biggest negative is no accreditation (their policy). Some of their reasons are laudible. Others are downright silly (they want to have an inbred faculty).

3. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you happen to be from Sea Level, NC??? I lived in Beaufort then Newport for 4 years (moved recently).

4. Sea Level Baptist

Yes, I live in Sea Level, NC. March 2012 will be my 4th year as pastor of Sea Level Bapt. Church. I'm looking for a low cost, yet challenging, doctoral program. Tyndale appears to be the most challenging of the non-traditional seminaries that I've researched. Thanks for your input.

5. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pastored New Hope Baptist in Beaufort for 3 years. I miss that area... very beautiful.

I have a feeling we've met at the association before. I was helping Cornerstone Gospel Baptist for a year and a half before moving overseas.

What is your educational background if you don't mind my asking?

#5 Greektim, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  6. Sea Level Baptist

It's quite possible we have met, but I don't recall. I have a B.A. from Gardner-Webb. I started the M.Div. program at GW but was called to Sea Level and eventually finished the M.Div. at Newburgh.

7. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kewl... curious... could you tell about your experience at Newburgh. It is a school I'm not real familiar with. You don't have to do it on this thread. I've already hijacked and derailed this one (I'm sorry about that). If you get the chance. I hope you become a regular poster. I am going to send you a pm (private message) so we can keep talking about your pastorate and if we have met.