1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama "“there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects”

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Oct 13, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

"During our hour together, Obama told me he had no regrets about the broad direction of his presidency. But he did identify what he called “tactical lessons.” He let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend liberal Democrat.” He realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” when it comes to public works. Perhaps he should not have proposed tax breaks as part of his stimulus and instead “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” so it could be seen as a bipartisan compromise. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/magazine/17obama-t.html?_r=1&hp=&pagewanted=all

So he doesn't regret being a tax-and-spend liberal Democrat - he just doesn't want to look like one.

And he doesn't want to be bipartisan - he just wants to look like he is.

And now that all that money has been flushed down a rat hole - isn't it nice that Obama realizes that there is no such thing as a "shovel ready project".

It's no wonder then that his stimulus didn't stimulate anything more than the taxpayers that are paying for this mess.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The clock is ticking closer to elections. Looks like Obama is getting nervous.

3. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

The amount of things this is going to apply to by the time this man leaves office will be staggering.

He is so far in over his head it would be comical if it weren't so sad.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it very sad indeed. I've felt all along that a bigger, more devious person/organization is using him as a puppet to further their agenda. His arrogance just hasn't figured that out yet. When he does finally fall, it will be hard, I think.

5. targus

targus New Member

Perhaps.

Maybe the bigger and more devious thing that is controlling Obama is his arrogance.

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

PM me and I'll gladly tell you what he has been shoveling.

7. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Probably a few things combined. His arrogance, his ignorance, and people that take advantage of both of those things in order to use him for their own agenda.

8. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Something kind of funny while thinking about Obama.

I can honestly say I think I am more qualified to be, and could be a better president than he is. Pretty staggering that I feel that way, never ever thought that would ever happen in my lifetime.

Oh, and just for clarification, I am not saying that I am in any way qualified to be the president.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be very hard for anyone to be worse than the zero. I don't believe even Jimmy Carter managed it.

10. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Yeah, but could you ever imagined that you would really feel more qualified.

I mean people think of their boss that way at times, sometimes maybe even that way about the coach of a team they watch, but president of the USA? Wow!

11. billwald

billwald New Member

> He realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” when it comes to public works.

This is correct! a jurisdiction will not issue an rfp until funding is available.

12. targus

targus New Member

How many times did the Demoncrats and Obama tout shovel ready jobs when they were pushing their nonstimulating stimulus bill?

Answer - too many times to count.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

I'm sorry, but I have a difficult time believeing Obama when he feigns humility. I believe he is as determined as ever to push his super liberal agenda. Right after the elections, if the Democrats lose big, he will try to unite them to pass more horrendous legislation. Those who lost will go along and why not? They have nothing to lose, they will be out of office in two months. He will actually have a little more difficulty with those Democrats who are lucky enough to survive. Many Democrats are getting the message that the vast majority of Americans do not appove of their liberal policies.

Speaking of Obama's stimulus bill, I can see it at work in my home town. The city has been tearing up and re-paving many streets. Thing is, the streets they are repairing were in good condition, and they were all downtown. Many small businesses have been suffering and complaining because entire streets were blocked off, some for as long as two weeks. Wow, what a way to stimulate the economy!

What most folks don't realize is that Obama and the Dems directed the vast majority of money to the unions. So state and city workers and the school system are getting lots of money to buy their votes, while little or no money has gone to the private sector.

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I think we need to break out the shovels every time Obama talks because he spews out a lot of .... to scoop up!

15. sag38

sag38 Active Member

And, boy does it stink!!!!!!!! Reminds of when they used to spread the chicken manure on the hay fields that were near my house. I couldn't walk outside without wanting to puke.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Steven for President!

His campaign slogans:

1. "I'm not qualified...but I'm the most qualified unqualified candidate!"
    2. "Steven = Not Obama"
    3. "Steven 2012--winner of the BB straw poll." *

* - it was a very short straw.

:D :D

17. billwald

billwald New Member

> The city has been tearing up and re-paving many streets. Thing is, the streets they are repairing were in good condition, and they were all downtown.

The American system is based on theft. Half the money is probably a government grant. In other words, people in your town think they are stealing from people in my town and people in my town are ripping up streets because they think you are paying.

18. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Well it looks like I have my campaign manager already. There is no stopping us now! :laugh: