1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

25 Things Yankees Should Know When Moving To The South

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Thousand Hills, May 14, 2015.

1. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I'm posting this for folks like E,W,F just a heads up. :laugh:

http://theblazingcenter.com/2015/05/25-things-yankees-should-know-when-moving-to-the-south.html

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Good list, but of course they had to take a dig at saying all southerners are waiting for the "War of Northern Aggression" to start back up so the south can rise again. Ugh, what a worn out cliche.

That said, the list could use a few more entries:

26. Our tea comes in two "flavors:" Sweet, and Unsweet...and you better drink Sweet. Very few southerners believe in hot tea. Tea is supposed to have ice in it.

27. California may be busy figuring out what else they can put kale on, but here in the south we still use butter.

28. If you ever hear a southerner say "Well, I love him/her to death..." get ready to hear the most awful thing you've ever heard said about another human being.

29. Cornbread can be eaten in many ways, but among the most popular are: plain, covered with black-eyed peas, in a bowl of buttermilk, or in a bowl of sweet milk.

30. Most places in the south only get a good snowfall (over 4 inches) once every ten years or so, so don't complain about our response to it.

31. If it does snow, prepare to go without bread and milk for a few days. Don't complain. You knew it was comin'.

32. In the summer, temperatures of 97°F with 100% humidity are common. Don't complain.

33. Weddings in the fall are either not scheduled on Saturdays, or are scheduled when the favored team is playing on the road or playing lower-tier competition. (I know this one well...)

34. Don't complain. If you don't like the south, I'm sure Delta will fly right back to where you came from.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    dp........

#3 JohnDeereFan, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure if this is on the list, but
    We really don't care how you did it up north. If it was so good up there, you would have stayed.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or......We don't care how yall did it up North. The end.:tongue3:

6. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Exactly, which is why I said:

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thousand Hills, thanks for the link, and thanks to Preach Tony for expanding it. I have a friend that just moved from New Jersey to North Carolina. Sent him the list.

8. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Depends on what part of NC your friend is moving to, may not be to big of a shock.

You know I just realized I've never heard anyone say they're "moving North". We do have a lot of half backs here, they move from the north to florida, then move half way back to TN/NC.

9. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only reason we have unsweetened tea is so we can spot a Yankee. As if their Toyota Prius and cashmere cardigans didn't give them away. :)

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And driving too slow in the left lane. Yankees should have a right lane only license for five years after they first get to the south.