1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What should NOT be in your wallett

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Salty, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. sbatz72

sbatz72 New Member

This was excellent advice. Too bad for me I have everything in my wallet, the birth certificate, social security card, and driver's license. I know they say this is easy target for theft, but I can say in reality that at the right sight and for the right price anyone in the world who wants say Sasha Obama's social security number can get it. I am not saying I am a thief just a realist receiving an education in criminal justice.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

Good thing is that I don't put everything in my wallet now. I just always try to bring enough money with me so just in case I would ever lose my wallet, it wouldn't be such a huge issue to me. I have already learned from my past mistakes. I have already lost a couple of wallets before.

4. sunflogun

sunflogun New Member

Thanks for sharing that article Salty and in fact we should be very careful in relation to what we carry in our wallet. I never carry my social security card with me and never ever large sums of money, but credit cards are a concern too because they can be charged while we cancel them.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

It's certainly good advice but I also think common sense needs to play a part in deciding what you carry around with you. You wouldn't carry your passport round with you when going to the local store for example so I think only carrying what you know you'll need could be an option also.

6. ApollotheBrave

Great advice. The first thing you do if you lose your wallet is to check in with your bank and credit card company and let them know. Never keep your passwords in paper form and keep them in your wallet, it's a rookie mistake. Get a replacement driver's liscense and let the gov't know that it's been stolen. Update your social security on what happened, basically let all important transactions and documents know about a possibly identity theft. Keep safe and secure.

7. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

I only keep credit cards in my wallet. I do avoid carrying a lot of money whenever I am travelling. I have never thought about insuring it, I think that is another cost, just like losing it. I have sometimes considered exchanging cash to bitcoins so that I can keep them in my electronic wallet.