1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama's love for Islam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by SolaSaint, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/02/22/obama-islam-woven-fabric-our-country-its-founding

Why all the silence on this? I barely have heard anything about Obama's idiotic statement that Islam played a part in the founding of our beloved country. Talk about reinventing our history. I guess next we will hear George Washington had a prayer rug and prayed to Mecca five times a day.

This is the most crazy thing he has ever said IMO. It is unbelievable we voted this liar into the most important office in our land. I think we really are under judgment from God and Obama is our just due.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The actual statement was "Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding." and it is absolutely true.

3. SolaSaint

please elaborate Wade

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, sure it has. It's a little known fact that Patrick Henry was an Italian muslim. But it's shown by his famous speech... "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Allah Mighty God!"

5. SolaSaint

Wade can you name any well known Islamic men or women who were woven into our countries history? Maybe Malcolm X or Muhammad Ali, that is all I can think of. Not exactly what I would call men who were woven into the fabric of our country since 1776. He is using the word woven to make it sound like Muslims had a great role in shaping our country. I think not sir.

6. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interestingly enough, this is actually true. Since when is stating facts crazy? SMH

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well we are all holding are breath waiting for the evidence to back up these statements. For both you and Wade, the clock is ticking. Not that I don't believe you, but statements that assert a fact deserve evidence to back it up.

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rick .... don't you know that because of his office, we are supposed to cut him a moral, spiritual and general blank check. How dare anyone question this man, he is after all, our first elected and self-proclaimed emperor and king.

Just be grateful, Rick, that you live in a time and age with the smartest, most intelligent man to ever lead us, living in DC.

:thumbs:

9. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I’m sure George Washington didn’t have a prayer rug, or prayed to Mecca but I do know that Thomas Jefferson owned a Quran. He treasured it so that his actual copy is in the Library of Congress. Muslims were a big topic in the American debates leading up to the Declaration of Independence in discussing the freedom of religion. Thomas Jefferson is even documented as quoting John Locke who was a starch advocate of Muslim rights and tolerance.

When trying to stay true to the Founding Fathers (though I don’t know why) it is important to remember that they stood for Muslim tolerance. Yet, such religious tolerance isn’t seen today in America. But we’ll hypocritically criticize non-Christianized nations that don’t tolerate Christian religious expression.

Even more funny (and maybe hypocritical) are the jokes criticizing the perceived deification of the President, but it looks like we obviously have Founding Fathers worship going on around here. The only man worthy of worship is Jesus and he commanded us to love our enemies…which includes those of different religions—like Christians in relation to non-Christians (Matt. 5:43-48).

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. Actually Thomas was a slave owner, something the Muslims were known for, and he slept with the slaves, another Muslim trait. Makes sense.

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

While (O) says islam is woven into the fabric-----blah--blah--blah---yada--yada-yada---so forth and so on---etc etc etc

I know one place where islam is NOT woven into its fabric

And that's the very throne room of Almighty God---Elohim/Jehovah

islam is an anti-Christ and is a decendant of Beelzebub from the pit of hell itself

And one day soon----Lord Jesus Christ is going to return and call His Saints to Glory-----and every Born again believer will be torn from the fabric that islam sows itself to----and islam will be left here all alone to face the terrible judgment of God's Great White Throne!!!!

12. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::applause:

13. matt wade

14. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

The deification of politicians, political parties, and idols like the flag around here will nearly induce an aneurism, and it's all done by people who have proclaimed themselves the most righteous. They can't find Jesus because they are groveling in front of the flag and the constitution.

15. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to assume since you have not elaborated that you are talking about all the wars we fought with Muslims since almost the beginning. We had the Barbary wars under Jefferson and Madison. Barbary Wars Those wars are made reference to in the Marine Hymn in the very first line
    "From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli;"

So yeah the idea of Islam fighting against the West has been woven into the fabric of our country since the founding. How Obama is trying to spin it like they helped build this country is disgusting, but I expect nothing better from this president.

16. matt wade

You have a reading comprehension problem. I did elaborate with a link. Read it and learn.

(I actually expect you to read it, deny, spin, and continue to keep your fingers in your ears however)

17. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw your link after I posted. It does not change the fact that our history with Muslims has always been one of war. But I expect you to deny, spin and continue to keep your fingers in your ears however about that fact.

18. matt wade

Well, you expect wrong. Yes, we have had many instances where we were (and are) at odds with Muslims. By and large they are a violent people.

However, there have been some Muslims that were intertwined in the history of this nation in a good way.

The entire point I was making with my original post was to call out the misrepresentation of Obama.

Claim in OP: "Islam played a part in the founding of our beloved country"

Actual Obama quote: "Islam has been woven into the fabric of our country since its founding."

Two different things.

I hold no love for Obama, or Muslims, but you don't win arguments by misrepresenting the other side. All that does is make you as bad as them.

We need people, and politicians, that rise above the petty political squabbling that riddles our news cycle (and this board). We need people that tell the truth and don't try and misrepresent the other side. Our politicians (and their followers) spend more time trying to tear the other side down, when they should be simply going about their business and doing the things they supposedly were elected to do.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So why is it that folks on this board are always saying that this man has said something that he has not?

It's shameful that we want to denigrate this man so much that we embellish what he says or doesn't say.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That may or may not be. I'll have to check. But it doesn't change the truthfulness of the statement the President actually DID make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.