1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama's love for Islam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by SolaSaint, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The same can be said about Mormonism. But miraculously, a large number of evangelical Christians managed to see past that to support for President a man who bows at the throne of an anti-Christ and untruth from the pits of hell themselves.

Anyone care to reconcile this?

And I'm not talking about you specifically Blackbird. I'm just wondering why folks thought such a man would be "good for the country" if his immorality too was based in the anti-Christ and the pits of hell?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Because they don't care about someone's religion if the candidate sides with them politically. Religion is just a means to an end for them...and that end is demonizing the "other side".

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And that does seem to be the sad truth.

And that's why , if you're not a follower of Jesus Christ, or it appears to me that you're worshiping at the foot of another god, you're IMMEDIATELY off my list.

I don't care what political positions with which we're in sync.
    I don't care if you're pro-life.
    I don't care if you're pro-Genesis 2 marriage.
    I don't care if you're pro-no alcohol.
    I don't care if you're pro-no death penalty.

Hitler/Mussolini could be the other Party's slate with Stalin as Minister of Defense and Pol Pot as Secretary of State.

If you reject Jesus Christ and it puts the aforememtioned whom I'm also not voting for back into office, I'm STILL not voting for ya.

It's time to take a stand.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Time for the famous quote to come out:

"We are electing a Commander in Chief, not a Pastor in Chief"

Then they will talk out the other side of their mouth and continue to bash Obama for religion.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. It is about that time. And I will naturally follow up with : Okay if we're not electing a Pastor-in-Chief, why does one party's candidate's morality matter while that of the other doesn't seem to matter to evangelicals?

How on earth do you turn your nose up at one candidate being pro-abortion but will throw your support behind a man who rejects Jesus Christ? Is the abortion issue bigger than Jesus? Or does that just show that it's a political issue and not a morality issue with more Christians than are willing to let on?

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Religious tolerance is not the same as religious freedom. Religious freedom is absolutely woven into the fabric of this country, including for Islam as discussed by the founding fathers.

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/0205/tolerance.html

7. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I'm guessing you don't vote, or you do write ins.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I write-in a lot. :laugh:

I would rather vote for a candidate whom I know adheres to the truths of Jesus Christ.

But if there isn't one, I'm definitely not supporting a candidate who makes it clear that he's not a follower of Jesus Christ just because I want a party to win an election.

I just don't care that much about who is in office or whom I would like to see out of office that I will say I'm going to cast a vote for somebody who rejects Jesus Christ in order to get the other person out of office.

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Home run,:thumbs: touchdown, :thumbs:eek:r slam dunk! :thumbs:Take your pick!:thumbs:

10. OldRegular

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Y'all are trying to argue something the man didn't even say.:laugh:

Here is the quote again:

Is the statement not true?

12. OldRegular

No it is not. Islam knows nothing about democracy. Name one democratic Muslim nation!

#32 OldRegular, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
  13. OldRegular

The party and their leader that celebrates the slaughter of 55 million unborn children is totally devoid of morality!

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My "bash" on this particular thread has absolutely nothing to do with (O)-----but with the religion of islam

15. OldRegular

I don't know whether Obama is a Muslim or not. He has killed a fair number, as he brags, but then that is what Muslims are good at doing. Heard this morning they put a bomb on a 6 year old child and killed half a dozen or so.

I do have a hard time believing that a Christian could continue to support, and not only support but celebrate, the "slaughter of the unborn child"!

16. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Turkey and Indonesia come to mind. Not perfect by any means but a start.

17. OldRegular

You are half right they are not perfect and possibly not even a start. Turkey was at one time a secular Islamic state. Now they are moving into the Radical Islamic category. Indonesia is an unknown at this time!

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He didn't say Islam knew anything about Democracy. He said it was woven into the fabric of the country since it's founding. And it has. Islam is a part of the fabric of the country just as is the KKK and racism.

The man's statement is true whether or not you and yours like Muslims.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Are you as concerned about the lives of the 1 billion plus Muslims in the world?

20. OldRegular

There is nothing related to Islam in the Constitution. If you are going to make foolish statements then present proof!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.