1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama and Islam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jan 15, 2015.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

He said "The same could be said about Republicans" ....how is that criticizing?

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you really this thick or just playing around?

My point was that Republicans say the same things Democrats do about Islam, criticize the extremist, fundamentalists elements of Islam, but "play nice" otherwise. To make statements that only Democrats hate freedom of conscience is ridiculous and laughable when both parties operates do the same thing.

Along the freedom line of thinking, it could be argued that outlawing same sex marriage or abortion is also a violation of freedom of conscience. You getting this, am I going to fast for you? That isn't to say I agree with points of view, but highlighted in order to show the ridiculous nature of the Democrats hate freedom conscience statement.

You saw the words abortion and same sex marriage and drew conclusions that were not only inaccurate, but also served to further the ridiculous nature of the original post, so thanks for that.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion kills a human being. There is no room for freedom of conscience with that.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Follosing is your post to which I responded:

You are saying the Republicans "despise freedom of conscience" because they oppose gay {Homosexual} marriage and abortion [The slaughter of the innocents}. I responded appropriately as follows:

You apparently are unable to comprehend what you post! Now pretend to be pious and go to church this Sunday!

5. OldRegular

Thanks Much Rev! Apparently go2 doesn't understand that there is no freedom of conscience to murder, especially the unborn.

6. matt wade

Is it your opinion that murdering the unborn is a higher crime than murdering an adult?

What is your opinion of the murders that took place in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

7. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

It is mine, yes.

My opinion is that it was an atrocity that was horrible. But I'm glad it happened. It's been shown that an exponential amount of lives were saved by the killing of the bombs.

Was it right? The jury's out. Was it justified? Absolutely. I've said before that if an innocent was a hostage, and the only way to stop a killer was to kill the innocent, I'd take the shot. I wouldn't like it, and I would hate that I had to do it. But I'd do it.

8. matt wade

Then you perpetrate the view that pro-lifers care more for people in a womb than outside it.

No comment. I have nothing nice to say and I can only get infractioned/banned.

9. OldRegular

Much worse! There may be cause for killing an adult. There is none for murdering an unborn child.

Same as the fire bombing of Tokyo except bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasak saved millions of lives both American and Japanese.

#29 OldRegular, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  10. Sapper Woody

If that's how you view it, so be it.

I was just being honest.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Most prolifers do not view it that way. You are in fact correct about this.

12. OldRegular

Wade makes noise like another Crabtownboy!

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know..................

14. matt wade

Yeah, it's terrible if someone is against abortion and also believes that adult lives are valued in the same way. Someone thinking that way must be a liberal! A true republican would care more about those babies!

15. Sapper Woody

Matt, you're blowing smoke. Let me put it this way. Does lying one time send you to hell? Yes. Does rape send you to hell? Yes. But which is worse? Rape.

Is killing the unborn wrong? Yes. Is killing adults wrong? Yes. Both are equally wrong. But which is the bigger atrocity? In my mind, killing the unborn.

16. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, I guess you aren't playing thick.

17. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you don't understand basic "if you say this than someone could say this" using the same line of thinking.

Now I know you want to say "that shouldn't apply in this case, that's wrong". This highlights the flaw in the original statement. Your focusing on the error in the second statement seemingly not realizing that the error is rooted in the first.

18. OldRegular

Just what I thought. Another Texan with brown eyes!

19. OldRegular

If you say so brown eyes!

20. OldRegular

Obama vs. Cameron: British PM takes hard line on ‘Islamist’ extremists, Obama avoids I-word
    Published January 16, 2015FoxNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...st-extremists-obama-avoids/?intcmp=latestnews