1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rivers1222, Feb 2, 2014.

1. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Not exactly a new member, but drifted away from the BB for many years due to lifes many trials, (and my failures, which is another story). However I have been lurking here for around a year or so and find myself from time to time waiting for someone to ask a question or bring up a point to which I am curious. So if you see me pop up asking a rhetorical question or one that appears basic, please be patient. Thank you.
    Rob

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard (or, at least) welcome back!! :wavey:

3. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

:wavey: :wavey: :1_grouphug:

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Welcome back kotter...err rivers1222

5. Camery

Camery New Member

Thank you

My name is James Ross. I go by Camery. Who ever sent the email for happy birthday thank you very much and God bless you. I am 70 as of today which is my favorite number. I have always dreamed of the day I would reach my 70th birthday and now that I'm here I am wondering what comes next. WOW!

I have a prayer request for this weekend. This Friday Feb 7th at 3pm we are hoping the Lord will allow us to obtain custody of our grandson D.J.

The reason for the prayer request is because of the 3 weather systems this week that is causing serious travel conditions, one this past Monday, one this afternoon until Wednesday morning and one is expected to arrive this Friday into Saturday. Indianapolis where the court is convening at 3pm is expected to have snow drifts. Driving north from our home in Glasgow Ky we are expecting to be driving on ice especially on the entrance and exit ramps.

We will probably leave Thursday and spend the night as close to Indianapolis as we can. Then we will be going to our granddaughter's to unload her items before going to court.

So please pray for our safe journey there and back home (Thursday - Saturday) and that the court will give D.J. to us this time. We have been delayed 90 days twice. We love him and want to bring him home with us. We believe they will give him to us this time.

Thank all of you and God bless you.
    James Ross and my wife Barbara:godisgood:

We are members of Southside Baptist church in Glasgow, Ky
    Visit us when you are in the area. It will be a good experience for you.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Welcome to BB and happy b-day Brother James...

7. Camery

Camery New Member

Thank you Convicted1...

8. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Happy birthday Camery! You are just a few years ahead of me but I am right on your heels. I have already prayed for you. Will look forward to getting aquainted with you.

9. Camery

Camery New Member

Thank you for your prayer Biblicist. I just got back from Indianapolis recently. We will be going back to court on April 25th to get our grandson and bring him home. The court will be giving him to us at that time. We just need to supply all the prescribed doctors and a little we will have a conference in which we will be given further instructions if necessary. We will abide by everything we are told even if we don't like it and some of it we don't like but we will do it anyway.
    Barbara has already gathered and submitted the information on the doctors. She is wonderful at things like that.

Pretty soon I will be going to Liberty online seminary school for a degree. The Assoc of Arts in Religion will of course be first, then if I can hold out I will go for my PHD and last the Doctorate. Even though my military time will pay for a lot of it any amount may be too much since we are on a fixed income. I know I can do the school because I know the King James Bible in detail. I just hope I can keep up with the expense.

Anyway, thank you Biblicist, I will be sure to answer any post although sometimes it may be delayed several days.

James

10. Camery

Camery New Member

Boy I sure look like an idiot in my last post. I know the Bible pretty well but certainly not in detail and I think I can do fairly well at Liberty University. I sure don't know how good I can do. and last I'm not looking for a handout. I have sources of help when I need it.

I need to always re read everything I write because sometimes I write things that make me look awful. Sorry!

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome Back to the board.