1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Rewards In Heaven A Work Doctrine?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Aug 15, 2014.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Treasure in heaven

Our works are not for salvation in which is not earned, it is what Christ did for us on the cross that saves, not what we have done. Our debt is death, if you can pay that and live then you have paid your debt.

If you have no faith in Him, if you believe in nothing how do you know you are saved?

Knowing and working is not the same. In other words works to be saved and deeds from faith given to you from God through His word is not the same.

1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 4:
    5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Psalm 73:
    28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.

Our changed lives through Christ that lives in us will effect other people, our treasures in heaven are those who we have effected through Him that lives in us that come to Christ.

Treasures are people who do not wither and rust in heaven.

Our treasures crowns Of coarse we will give them to Christ because it is because of Him we have effected other people to come to Christ not to come to a doctrine that is not sound.

The not so sound doctrine is not to do anything with Christ working in us because we think it is a work.

#21 psalms109:31, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will God honor the working of someone who was much more faithful to their calling then another who was saved, but did not really try to grow up and mature in the faith though?

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you asking are there degrees in Heaven?:confused::confused:

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there are degrees in hell, why not degrees in heaven?

I am NOT saying that all saved will not be there in heaven, more that not of us will be experiencing the same things of od, as do see Him somehow rewarding those who were more diligent for Him while here...

heard Charles Stanley one time explain it like this way...

ALL get to the heavenly choir to worship the Lord, its just that some only have ears to hear the drums, some the angels, some hear and experience the whole choir, but all enjoy the level they were set at!

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Do you have any children y1?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 teens, 15/14

7. psalms109:31

Jesus must become greater, I must become less.

We never can place where we are at or how close we are to Christ, it is only God the Father can judge unless you want to place yourself where you should be, self-righteous.

Only the Father can place us where we are in Christ and we will not know that until after the last hour. We shouldn't worry about how much more someone else has worked compared to us.

We should live our new lives in Christ so Christ can become greater and I less.

I believe the more Christ effect other towards Him through us the more treasures we will see in heaven.

Self-righteousness and placing yourself where you are in Christ is wrong, but practicing righteousness and living a life worthy of Christ waiting for the last hour to be done looking for the Father judgement of your life is, isn't wrong.

1 John 3:
    7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Hebrews 5:
    11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Maturity in Christ is to practice righteousness to be able to distinguish good from evil.

Practicing righteousness isn't being self righteous proclaiming your own righteous is, just like proclaiming your own treasures that the Father hasn't given to you when your last hour isn't over yet.

You can make anything a work doctrine because of your own heart of why you are doing it not because you are doing things, you can't hide that from God.

#27 psalms109:31, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  8. OldRegular

When you die and leave your vast fortune are you going to split it evenly between the teens or are you going to distribute it based on their good works or will they be heirs and joint heirs of your fortune?

#28 OldRegular, Aug 23, 2014
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both rqually, but the one that practices what the Bible teaches best regarding finances will have the most enjoyment using it!

10. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never have quite figured out how Modern Translations think he must become greater and I must become less are a more fitting translations than the simple KJV "He must increase, but I must decrease"

:BangHead:

11. OldRegular

Because a lot of modern translations are not translations but brief paraphrases, dare I say like the NIV!. I dare!:D

12. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel 16:8-9 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

That passage from Ezekiel really moved me and I can only reply... WHY ME LORD? I can see you brother see it just like I do:thumbsup:

13. psalms109:31

The first tranlation I read was the King James Version because it was given to me for free. I still use King James Version when I use modern day translations to see the differences IMO modern day translations flow better because it is the way I speak. I use NIV when I speak to people modernly, but in my personal study I use a NASB Version with Greek and Hebrew dictionary.

Today I don't ever use decrease and increase in that context, but they probably would in King James times.

#33 psalms109:31, Aug 23, 2014