1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Andy Stanley

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am on your side of the fence on this one Brother Williams. Good post.

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Wow!! surprise Surprise Surprise. Who would have evr wonder that RW would stick his two cents in on this. Notice though he's offended at Mohler's labeling of Megachurches with a possible liberal tag. Seems like Rick is a litte touchy here. I'll stand with Al on this one. MegaThanks...LOL

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I disagree...if anything, I think the point of this whole thing is that he WAS NOT CLEAR AT ALL...about anything...that's the problem.

We should wait patiently for a response from Stanley before jumping to conclusions.

4. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mohler is NOT a pastor at Highview Baptist Church, He is a Sunday-School teacher. He may preach occasionally, but I don't believe he is actually one of the pastors...I could be wrong, but he is not listed on their website as a pastor, and that coincides with what I understood to be the case while I was in Louisville.

5. SolaSaint

Has anyone mentioned 1 Cor 5:9-13? This where Paul has believers not associating with the sexually immoral within the church. This is where the Andy Stanley's & Rick Warren's don't preach the entire gospel of Christ. Stanley didn't shy away from admitting he has homosexuals serving in his church. This is clear......

#65 SolaSaint, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    12Strings, glfredrick clarified this for us last year:

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No - I disagree. It is clear from the church website and from what Stanley said, a homosexual is not to serve in the church.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

"Thank you (Father) for extending Grace and Truth to each of us. Give us the courage to extend it to those around us"

9. 12strings

12strings Active Member

That's what I thought. I had no doubt he was ordained sometime in the past, but he is not currently serving as a pastor, though he does attend and teach SS at a mega-church.

10. SolaSaint

Ann,

We must have heard two different Sermons then. He clearly had these two men serving as hosts in his church. I will stand corrected if you can show me where i'm wrong.

11. SolaSaint

Ann,

I checked the North Point website and didn't see anything stating homosexuals cannot serve their. Most churches do not place this type of info on a website. Please point me to where you are speaking of. Thanks

12. SolaSaint

I amend my last post, there is a student mistry requirement from NorthPoint for anyone in a same sex relationship to refrain from volunteering to serve. Not sure if the same applies to being a host for adult ministries? At least they are making a stand in the student area.

13. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Also, QF posted some info you might like to see... looks like you might have overlooked his post from a couple/few pages back.

14. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely shocking. I recall Warren specifically addressing a topic you posted and you still didn't believe him. I'm guessing this will be the case with Stanley when he issues a statement. Some people just have their minds made up about slandering pastors and there is nothing they or I can say that would make a difference. Sad.

16. SolaSaint

I agree it is shocking that Rick Warren would slander Mohler. We all know who is standing for truth here don't we. :wavey:

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where did Warren slander Mohler? Another unfounded accusation. Mohler's reply to Warren was pompous and arrogant. He needs to start worrying about the log in his own eye.

18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have not yet seen Al Mohler back down from defending truth from error.According to you,everybody is slandering everyone....even when you do it ,you do not own up to it. Mohler is right on the money,but because you do not agree with him...he has to be wrong?

19. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Warren did not slander Mohler or anyone. He did nothing more than did Mohler in expressing his concern about what was communicated and the way in which it was communicated. It is evident, that we (all of us) find it difficult at best, to not allow our "theological" bias to come out. Even at this moment, I would take Stanley over Mohler any day, though I do not "disrespect" Mohler.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...or because you don't agree with Stanley, Mohler must be right. You do realize there are 3 fingers pointing back at you, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.