1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Child of God....or Son of Chucky?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In John 8 Jesus told a few reprobate Jewish people that instead of being Abrahams spiritual children as they claimed.....they were of their Father.....the devil.

We all died in Adam at the fall... yes. We are totally depraved and children of wrath, sons of disobedience......because of descent from fallen Adam....yes.

I believe his idea of being offspring of Satan to be without biblical support.

What can you show scripturally to correct this poster? or..can you find any scripture that children of God were formerly....offspring of Satan.....the seed of Chucky?:wavey::wavey:

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
    Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

What distinction do you draw?

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not posting long replies. Don't have android-nimble fingers. But such a doctrine could/may open up further cans of worms, like "two-seed" ism.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    those described in Eph 2 are descended from Adam the description Jesus gives to the unbelieving Jews and John 8 is that they're showing the characteristics as if Satan with their father rather than Abraham who was seen as believing and the father of the faithful

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I guess technically you can say that the lost are the children of satan. Perhaps he is making that leap of understanding based upon

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister. 1 John 3:10

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW.....did you notice that someone killed your thread?

7. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

St. John 10:16 Christ said, And other sheep, I have (Elect Gentiles)which are not of this fold ( Jews) them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd. Christ also said in the eleventh verse, I am the good shepherd: and the good Shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. Notice, nothing in this verse say's anything about Christ giving his life for goats. In St. Luke chapter fifteen, Christ speaks of going after the lost sheep that was lost, and not if, but when he finds it there is joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety nine just persons that need no repentance.

#7 salzer mtn, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  8. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    And how about Gen. 3:15 and the offspring of the serpent?

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes but the seed of the serpent are never described as the children of God or of the elect

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was Herod a child of Abraham through Jacob? Maybe the Jews, Jesus was speaking to were not Jews through Jacob.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Zaac;

Good verse....it shows the characteristics of the unbelievers who perish.
    it cannot be said that sheep are children of the devil however.:thumbs:

12. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that the idea of being transferred from the dominion of Satan to the kingdom of Jesus; Col. 1:13? We were under Satan, in league w/ Satan as Eph. 2:2-3 says, and blinded by the god of this world (Satan)? But God...

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We were not all children of satan due to us somehow being a product of a physical union going on between Him and wpmen, but due to us being lost, in Adam, and NOT in the kingdom of God yet!

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What scripture says sheep....are "children of satan?"

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What scripture tells us that we were ALL at one time lost and astrayed, and that NONE of us were in a saving relationship with God, not able to call him our father UNTIL Jesus became our saviour?

ALL of us were at one time lost and dead in our sins and transgressions , right?

Were you a child of weath or not before jesus saved you out of your sinful condition?

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly.

Men do the works of their father. Ever tell a lie?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And only those who have the Holy Spirit are the children of God, and we get Him when we receive Jesus thru faith, right?

18. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why do we need to be translated out of the kingdom of Darkness if we were never owned by Satan? We certainly were not children of God before being "born of God" and if we were then we did not need to be "born of God" as that is the epitomy of a family relationship by birth.

I would say if we were never children of Satan in a parallel sense that we are children of God by new birth, then there is no such thing as a child of Satan period.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why did Jesus have to die, if we were already right with God?

20. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I believe the elect were ever loved of the father from the foundation of the world. The scripture say's, Jer 31:3 I have loved thee with an everlasting love: Therefore in loving kindness have I drawn thee. Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us (elect). We love him because he first loved us (elect). So how could we have ever been anything else but sheep and never goats. God hated our sin's, but he has always loved his own. Yes, we were taken captive by Satan, we were blinded to the truth, we were in darkness concerning the gospel, but Gal 1:15-16 when it pleased God who separated me from my mothers womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me. Does he do this for goats ? No, his beloved sheep. I lay down my life for the sheep, and other sheep I have, which are not of this fold, them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice John 10:15-16. Thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people (elect) from their sin's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.