1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Tim sign?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mediocrity and a losing record. Their coach has turned over almost every key position on the field with new personnel. Now that he's got Tebow, he's got the 3rd string QB he so desperately needed to fit into his "system". With his extensive experience Tebow will be able to hold a clipboard like no other backup QB in history. Plus, bonus, he's a Christian!

#2 InTheLight, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea never mind the fact that Tebow lead the Broncos to the playoffs with 7 wins out of 8 games. :rolleyes:

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark, do you really find it necessary to bring facts into the discussion?

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I remember Chip Kelly's remarks about Tebow, and I've always considered Kelly to be one of the most underrated NFL head coaches out there, but I wonder exactly what he's doing here now - I didn't think it was such a good idea to get rid of Foles and I think this Bradford guy is shaky as well.

The Eagles are the team to challenge the Cowboys, although their late season collapse last year fell short. So now, for QB it's Sam Bradford, Matt Barkley, and Mark Sanchez, AND Tim Tebow? Well, all I can say here is that Tebow's mechanics will have to be greatly improved over time seeing as the Eagles don't have the defense the 2012 Broncos had.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe they're not going to use Tebow as a QB?

9. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just when exactly did the Eagles go sour on Nick Foles? A healthy Sam Bradford might be a very slight upgrade but Foles obviously knows how to run the run system and played particularly well in it. Even Sanchez was able to rejuvenate himself for a time there. I just don't get it. Foles was solid. As a Cowboys fan he certainly made me feel uneasy.

The Tebow thing is a real head scratcher. You just know Sanchez is screaming "I can't get away from this guy!"

I watched Tebow's run with the Broncos and I'll just say if you think it was Tebow "winning" those games you are doing a huge disservice to the Broncos defense. The guy literally was trying to learn how to throw a football after being cut for crying out loud. The NFL is not the place where a QB learns that particular skill. It's also a major problem that he never evolved out of a one read and tuck mentality. That may work in Florida where you are surrounded by All-Americans but it isn't sustainable at a professional level. The only thing I see him doing is the occasional wildcat package in the redzone. I'm sure Bradford is excited about that.

#9 Use of Time, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Tim Tebow in 2011:

126-271 for 46.5% comp. rate, 12 TD's and 6 INT's 122 carries 660 yards 6 TD's

vs Miami 18-15 OT
    13-27 161 yards 2 TD's

vs Raiders
    10-21 124 yards 2 TD's 13 carries 118 yards

vs KC 17-10
    2-8 68 yards 1 TD 9 carries 43 yards 1 TD

He 'led' them to some wins, but any QB with a sub-50% comp. rate will never make it in the NFL...

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh no, down playing what he did is not helpful. He led them to win 7 out of 8 games which took them to the playoffs. To say that he led them to "some wins" is just not helpful.

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think Convicted1 is downplaying anything. In fact he posted the exact numbers. If anything you are drastically upplaying his contributions while downplaying the ridiculous years of Von Miller and Elvis Dumervill and the Denver defense who actually excelled in their roles while Tebow struggled to complete passes. Look at the numbers below. Pretty sure most NFL backups can do better than a 46.5 completion rate. I mean come on, 2 for 8 against KC! Running the ball and controlling clock is fantastic when your defense allows you to keep a lead but Tebow is the last person you want to have when you have to start throwing the ball late and you are down a couple of scores. Hence the Patriots bloodbath.

Tim Tebow in 2011:

126-271 for 46.5% comp. rate, 12 TD's and 6 INT's 122 carries 660 yards 6 TD's

vs Miami 18-15 OT
    13-27 161 yards 2 TD's

vs Raiders
    10-21 124 yards 2 TD's 13 carries 118 yards

vs KC 17-10
    2-8 68 yards 1 TD 9 carries 43 yards 1 TD

#12 Use of Time, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  13. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I lived in Colorado during Tebow season and while his numbers may be mediocre what cannot be denied is that when he became the starting QB the Broncos were 1-5 and the only change they made was putting Tebow in as QB. He brought something more to the team that I don't think can be quantified because the Bronco were a different team when Tebow was at the helm. I'm still upset with how the Broncos treated Tebow and now they are once again looking for another QB since Manning cannot last much longer.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #14 Use of Time, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  15. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That article just said that the other players resented all the attention Tebow receives from the sports media, and I don't blame the players one bit. I've tried to consider the possibility that the Eagles are doing this for publicity, but that's not really their style.

I'm not on the "Bradford starts" team because I have a friend who is involved with sports medicine on the collegiate level, and he claims that the injuries Bradford had are almost impossible to recover from and play at the level you need to play at the NFL level.

Mark Sanchez . . . well, the Jets sure wasted their time and money trying to turn him into a franchise QB, not as bad as Cutler, though. Sanchez and Tebow will probably have to battle it out for #2, but neither of them look to me to be a good fit.

What I think would help Chip Kelly out would to be this:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/three-way-trade-could-get-mariota-to-philly/

Maroita, although from 20 to 2 is a tall order. Foles will prove an asset to St. Louis.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree with everything but I really don't think Sanchez vs. Tebow is much of a battle at all. Sanchez proved he could play well in Kelly's system last year. He was vastly improved since his last stint with the Jets. Bradford was brought there to be a number one and I believe he will be but the injury worries are not going to go away there.

17. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tim signed with the Eagles. It will be from NFL.com that he will give Sanchez an arm from what it is said.

18. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So apparently Chip Kelly attempted to trade two picks and Sam Bradford in order to get Mariota. The Titans told him to pound sand and now Kelly and Bradford are going to have an awkward start to their relationship. Kind of hard to have trust knowing that your coach tried to sell you off before you too a single snap. What a mess.