1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should America DEPORT the Illegals, regardless?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking Spanish while working at a Subway is breaking the law?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be honest, I don't really care about being "fair to illegals". They don't care about our laws, our culture, our states, or us.

If I was president, the first thing I would do is sign an executive order negating all of Obama's executive orders, furloughing about 90% of federal employees, and instructing about twenty different departments and agencies to cease operations until further notice.

I would then instruct my attorney general to issue arrest warrants for a couple dozen former government officials, audit the IRS, and audit the Fed.

Then, after lunch, I would call together Christian leaders and declare a period of national repentance and prayer.

I would then assign all available resources to capturing border criminals and sending them back.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is rude breaking the law? What language do you need to lean to become an American?

4. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And be impeached by dinner after you eradicate jobs, destroy small business, weaken our military by removing those with federal jobs that handle things like purchasing, maintenance, research and develpement, etc. Then we relocate all of our law enforcement, taking them away from serious crime to handle the immigrant situation which is nothing but a misdemener at best. No thanks, you don't get my vote.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously. You are offended if your sandwich is made in the most efficient and accurate manner, enabling you to go about your business without delays? SMH.

6. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Righteousness......what a terrible thing to waste! Nicely said John:wavey:

7. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

No, it's not. But it is rude. As for your second question, (I'm on my phone and can't fact check easily) but I've always understood that you had to pass an English test to become a citizen.

8. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Did your mom teach you what rude means?

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said this, "Like breaking the law is easier than do the right thing? Nice!"

The only person being rude was you and your obvious disdain for people who communicate through a different permutation of sounds, syllables and sentence structure. Take a look around the world for perspective. There are several countries that have multiple languages and they somehow have avoided the downfall of modern civilization.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why not just strengthen the borders and kick out all criminal illegals now in the country as they become known? Any broken laws = automatically deported and a lifetime sentence if they come back/get caught trying to come back.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. Her lessons did not include going ballistic if people talk amongst each other in their native language. That's because she didn't learn to speak English until grade school. She was brought up speaking German, like both her German immigrant parents taught her.

12. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

So if Harris County said YOU MUST SPEAK ENGLISH to server on Jury duty that's rude? BUT serving at MacDonald in Spanish is ok? Hippocrates at its finest.

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you get your sandwich or not?

Nice false equivalency by the way. It sounds like the people at Subway had the ability to do both didn't they, but like you said they decided to complete your order in their native tongue. Clearly these people are monsters and deserve to be treated second hand human beings. How do you even know they are illegal by the way? Let me guess, it was the brown skin wasn't it? Do you go around asking everybody for their green card?

14. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I hear all the time how immigrants "German,Russian,ect."that leaned English when they came here and despise many Hispanics for not doing the same.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So in your world requiring people to speak in English in order to weigh justice is analogous to requiring a person to speak English to flip burgers?

Hippocrates? Spell check at its finest...

16. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Blame chrome.:laugh:

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said they took the order in English. They are obviously learning the language. Why does it matter if they speak among themselves in Spanish?

Congratulations, you just admitted that you despise their culture. A few posts ago you accused them of despising our culture.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. I hate that when that happens. :laugh:

19. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

:smilewinkgrin:Thanks BTW did you bother to answer my question I asked? Something about Houston.

20. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Tower of Babel?