1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you boycotting Disney and why?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Acebopata, Apr 21, 2012.

?
  1. Yes, for the Agenda they promote

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Yes, for the numorious suliminal messages in their movies

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. I'm thinking about boycotting Disney.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Why should I boycott Disney

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. No, I am not boycotting disney

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. Why I'd never boycott Disney

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

I would venture to say some PG and G rated stuff isn't fit for Children. I guess it depends on your point of view.

Growing up...the big thing for us that was a no no was language and sex. Really bad violence was frowned on, but it wasn't near as graphic as it was today. It wasn't anything for my dad and I to watch Rambo when I was 11 or so.

But you'll get some PG movies that have multiple sexual references in them, and the TV would get turned as fast as my dad could get the remote.

All in all, I think that still pretty much goes. Violence doesn't bother me too much, and depending on the language I can go with that. But constant "GD's" or "F Bombs" along with "sex in my face" doesn't really fly.

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I wasn't aware of a boycott against Disney. For what reason?

3. Acebopata

Acebopata New Member

There's two main reason why people boycott Disney.

A: Their stance on homosexuality
    B: Their subliminal messages

The reason why I began boycotting Disney is because of the subliminal in the Disney movie, "The Adventurers," Which had an undressed woman peering through a window during a scene for about two seconds, And for the issue on the original jacket cover for "The Little Mermaid." (I do not suggest you look up the original jacket cover for the little mermaid, it is disturbing.)

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

LOL, I remember the Little Mermaid cover! The rumor was that it was done by a disgruntled employee that hid the object soooo well that it was completely missed by other Disney employees and even the public for quite some time. A person had to be looking for it or it would be missed. (snopes says this is not true) Disney pulled them as soon as they got a clue.

It's a non issue to me since Disney very willingly fixed the problem.

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I haven't seen any subliminal messages in any of Disney's movies, but then I don't find anything on the Disney channel to watch--I don't watch cartoons, and that's all that I ever see playing.

What exactly is their stance on homosexuality? If they support that sin, then I, too, will boycott them.

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Acebopata

Acebopata New Member

Disney owns many companies that make homosexual movies, in addition they hold event's known as "Gay/lesbian-days," Where people who are homosexual are encouraged to express their homosexual, as well as funding Tee-shirts and events for the event...

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I can't boycott something I don't purchase.

9. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes sex is a gift from God meant for a husband & awife Biblically speaking. If they talk about sex sublimnally or otherwise it is a stepping stone for kids to think sex before marriage is okay when it isn't.

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1.) As far as a know, they haven't talked abut sex subliminally. The video that people claim spells S-E-X actually spells SFX.
    2.) The Bible speaks about sex non-subliminally, so by your reasoning, we should not let unmarried people (especially children) read the Bible.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

If homosexuality is a big enough issue for you to boycott them, then, by all means, boycott them. We went to DisneyWorld in 2006 and if there were gay people there, they didn't impact our enjoyment of DisneyWorld even a little bit.

Boycotting for so-called subliminal messages in movies that are 20 years old seems a little silly to me. I mean, really, we're worried about a cloud of dust spelling out S-E-X from an 18 year old movie? The horror! What's that "evil" subliminal message supposed to accomplish anyway?

Don't we have better things to do?

12. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You make way too much sense.

They also have a wonderful Candlelight Processional each Christmas Season at EPCOT, with a mass choir, orchestra and readings from the book of Luke.