1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"In House" Preachers LORD's Day Messages

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by T Alan, Dec 28, 2014.

1. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Anyone else other than me interested in listening to this "Forums Preachers" Messages. Perhaps a Thread or Threads with links or even an additional "box" could be made for same.

I am not a "techy" so I don't know all the "how to's" but I would enjoy listening to some of the messages from those on here that Preach and are recording them and would like to access them from this Forum.:BangHead:

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

There are several pastor/preacher/evangelists on the board here who do offer online sermons---both audio and visual

3. T Alan

T Alan New Member

'preciate it Blackbird. Is there a current place here on the board as I described where they put up links to the messages or does one just have to know who they are and where they store their sermons?

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You may want to try the Pastoral Ministries thread

Post a new thread asking the same thing there----there's a few of um on there that you can help "improve upon"!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I submitted a request to one of the mod's here to move this thread to that section. I intended to originate it there. We'll see.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'll take care of it for you----watch this!!!

Bingo!!! You're here!!!:type::type:

7. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Looks like I got acquaintances in high places..Thanks Kindly!

8. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

T Alan - My church no longer records our services. We used to make audio recording for some of our elders who could not make the trek to church. Those members have been called home and we no longer need to record them. I would be glad, however, to provide you the scriptures and key points of any sermons the Lord blesses me to preach.

I don't always get a lot of fore-warning that it will be my time to preach, so there aren't going to be written outlines and notes coming from me.

9. T Alan

T Alan New Member

PreachTony, perhaps you might invest in a digital recorder. You can get a decent one for less that 50 bucks that will hold many hours of recordings. I would enjoy listening to some of the messages.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is the one that we have for our church campus

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...NmNs8Xu7MICFaNj7AodrmQAew&Q=&is=REG&A=details

but I just asked hubby about it and he said honestly, you can just use an iPhone if you wanted to. He was formerly in the audio industry as a software/hardware developer/engineer and knows a LOT about digital audio recording (he was actually one of the pioneers in the industry, developing the first 64 track digital recorder). So if he says iPhone is good enough, it probably is. :) Actually, that's how I record the intro to our online messages. :)

11. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Well, I resist IPhone, :) but I use a handheld recorder the sound is great. If you post a link to the online sermons, I would love to listen to them. THanks.

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are like magic, Blackbird.

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Cool, ain't it??!!!!!

I am more like Houdini than even all of my closet relatives!!!:laugh::laugh: Or any other closet person I know!!!

14. T Alan

T Alan New Member

ahha, I just had an epiphany! I never considered that there were Preachers here that wouldn't want their "Theological" views or "aliases" open to their congregations and may feel that by posting their sermons links they open a door to the "public" and take away a few brick from their protective wall. That would be the only reason I can conclude from the lack of response here.
    Any one think of other probable reasons a Proclaimer wouldn't want to share?

15. T Alan

T Alan New Member

UPDATE: I'm now in the Smart Phone realm. I wished I'd not waited. Groovy capabilities!

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "In House" Preachers LORD's Day Messages

So you're not interested in messages from a SDA or SDB?

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Whatcha get?? I LOVE my iPhone!!

18. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Droid. It was free with extending contract. Has more options than I need.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely get the Kindle app even if you have a Kindle. I also love the Pandora app so I can hear some great music that I don't own. :) The free one does have ads but that doesn't bother me enough to pay for the ad free version. :)