1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Standing Their Ground

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It's easy enough to say for one's self, but do you honestly feel "suck it up" as a response when you see it happening to others. I hope not, and when people want to respond to it happening to others, it is usually because they can identify, in some manner, with the emotions the other person is going through, whether by similar experiences or having gone through such feelings to a degree in other circumstances. If it happens to be your own child, those protective instincts can be mighty strong. "Get over it" is a rare parental response. I hope.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I didn't say I'd be scared. I said I wouldn't feel safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnFvbOwToxA

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Dude. You'd argue with a donut, I swear. :eek:

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I might as well be.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

You sound just like my baby brother when we were young. It's adorable. I can't even feel insulted, it would be like getting mad at a baby. LOL

6. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should "get over it" be a rare parental response? That's how I was raised, and that's mostly how I raise my boy.

I've tried to not only TELL him, but SHOW him that it does no good to hold grudges against those who have wronged us. We get over it.

How so? By praying for them, praying for ourselves, not focusing on the negativity others throw our way, to rest in the promise of God that Christ will set straight ALL the ills of this current world - When He Comes Back and sets up the only righteous kingdom this world will have ever known.

And that's my whole point. It seems that "Christians" don't have any better perspective than those of the world. The world wants things better now, while the believer is supposed to hope in something beyond this world

We're going to have trouble in this world. Some will by simply by virtue of that Name by which we are called. Other trouble is simply the rain falling on the just and the unjust.