1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Sapper Woody, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good post. Thanks.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being a petty thief and bully did not get him shot.

He is a very graphic reminder of what can happen to a person who assaults a police officer and tries to take their weapon.

Not a good idea for anyone.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This attempt to take the officer's gun has not been corroborated. Even if it happened, does it give the officer the right to shoot someone?

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree! What kind of sick world do we live in where a criminal can't even assault a police officer without getting shot?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes it does.

Deadly force is in order if the officer is in fear for his life.

A lot of things haven't been corroborated. None of it stopped the rioting and free for all lawlessness of the rioters.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, the unarmed suspect was shot at a distance of 35 feet away. How could the officer possibly be in fear of his life?

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A previously overlooked audio clip of a background conversion in a video taken minutes after the Ferguson shooting could turn the investigation into the circumstances preceding Mike Brown’s death upside down.

The video features a conversation between two bystanders, one whom relays what he witnessed—and he states that Brown fled a police car but then “doubled back” and was charging at officers as they fired at him.

http://toprightnews.com/?p=5209

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The assault on the officer has not been corroborated. What we do know if that Brown was shot once in the back, then 4-6 more times in the chest and head. Several pictures on social media showed the aftermath of this shooting.

Regardless of the situation, there is no reason for this young man have been cut down in the street with 7-10 bullets. Especially since multiple witnesses have provided accounts, independently, that they saw Brown get shot in the back and then, after raising his hands, was shot 4-6 more times.

You see, that is the issue. It isn't whether Brown did something deserving to be shot. It isn't attempting to make Brown out as a saint. It is the consistent pattern of abuse, oppression, and overzealous application of unnecessary force that have made the Ferguson PD the source of national scrutiny.

Of course, if this wasn't bad enough, Brown's body was loaded into the back of a SUV instead of the coroner's van. As a result, a thorough investigation will be complicated by a perceived police cover up.

To add: I also don't understand, well I guess I do, this bloodlust on the part of Christians. "You touch a police officer you deserve to be shot" is nonsense and provides a mentality that perpetuates a culture of violence. Though we should be respectful of law enforcement officials, they are not, by virtue of their office, above their own laws and regulations. Suggesting that this, or any other citizen, is deserving of such treatment for facts that are based mostly in perception and not reality is not in keeping the tradition of Christianity that calls for civility and non-violence. This officer, whoever he is, is not a sovereign being who can take life as he chooses. In the end, this mentality that is voiced above is self-defeating and self-refuting. We are called to be better.

#89 preachinjesus, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preachinjesus, great post.

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think they care. They've already convicted the officer in their...for lack of a better word, "minds" and they're simply not going entertain any evidence that contradicts their verdict.

12. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

BINGO!

Meanwhile, robbing, burning and looting prevail.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause: Excellent post. There continues to be a hypocrisy about life on this board and throughout "conservative" evangelical circles. I'll say again that politically some may fancy themselves conservative. But spiritually, they are about as liberally distant from emulating the love of Christ as I've ever seen.

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And by what power or authority.....

.... do you have to make such a blanket statement about the witness and integrity of believers on this board, and everywhere? I tend to think that your kinds are like a voracious pack of locusts, landing in the middle of a healthy crop field and destroying it before you find another crop field to feast upon!

Under what authority do you have to make such all consuming claim about people you know only through cyber space. I doubt that you'd have the courage to voice such judgmental hyperbole to this group if you were in the same room, looking them in the eye, as you look down your nose to watch your lips pronounce such siliness!

Oh, and one last question ... since when have you entered into discussing politics? I thought that was against your basic core of beliefs? There is a name for that, but saying it would be wasted. You only like listening to what oozes from your lips!

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post #94 ---- L I K E !!! :thumbs:

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. When so many Believers on this board and throughout the evangelical church act the same way , I sure do have to make a blanket statement about the lack of Christian witness and lack of integrity displayed.

You tend to be deceived because you think it's normal Christian behavior to be so nasty, stank and mean-spirited to anyone who doesn't share your political beliefs. It's noted so we know why you feel the need to defend the stank attitudes.

Under the same authority that you get to make the comments you do.

See this is how I know a messageboard coward when I see one. I'm the same on this board and off. I say the same things to people's faces that I say on this board. The truth doesn't have to cower.

Number 1-I'm a follower of Jesus Christ and will speak his bold-faced truth to you, The President, my mama, my pastor and anyone else the exact same way. Foul is foul. So expect Godly rebuke and correction when you act so unlike Christ. And don't be confused because...

Number 2- I'm a grown man and will stand toe to toe with you, look you straight in your eyes and say the very same things I say on this board.

There aren't two Zaacs. One for display online and one for off. That must be YOUR MO.

You stay confused. I commented on the hypocrisy of this Christian bloodlust while purporting to be so pro-life.

RIF

So again, some of you might fancy yourselves to be political conservatives, but spiritually the lot of you come across as about as liberally separated from the love for Christ and for your neighbor as yourself that I've ever seen displayed.

#96 Zaac, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Military Police Training to Drive Tanks in St Louis

Published on Jun 28, 2012

St Louis City residents have been warned to not be alarmed at the sight of U.S. Army tanks rolling down residential neighborhoods after sightings of the vehicles provoked fears of martial law.

The exercise is part of a U.S. Army program run by military police from Fort Meade, Maryland focused around training MPs from St. Louis how to drive heavily armored tanks "on highways and on city streets."

Sightings of the tanks prompted hundreds of residents to flood news channel KSDK's Facebook page, with some expressing fears that martial law had arrived with others promising to "stop and salute" the tanks as they rolled by.

Reporting that he was told by the Army not to disclose the location of where the exercise was operating out of for "security reasons," KSDK reporter Casey Nolan downplayed the exercise as "not such a big deal."

U.S. Army Sergeant Cornelius Ivory discouraged citizens from taking video and photographs of the tanks and urged them not to get too close.

"They need to know to stay away from it," Ivory told KSDK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsw-n4eoYo

As we reported last week, Hashim Nzinga, the leader of the New Black Panthers, also staged a bizarre scene at the Ferguson Fire Department during which he accused President Obama of being from Kenya.

Members of the New Black Panthers have been caught working undercover for the federal government in the past, with the most recent example being Richard Aoki, who was outed as an FBI informant in 2012.

A key question surrounding the police response to the unrest has been why law enforcement officers were ordered to stand down during looting on Friday night. During the first night of looting on Sunday last week, cops were also completely AWOL.

Whereas militarized police have been out in force to intimidate and target peaceful demonstrators and members of the press, they have failed to respond to the very same looting that has been used as a justification for their crackdown.

“Why did the police in Ferguson refuse to do their jobs?” asks Michael Snyder. “Who told them to stand down? Someone in the mainstream media needs to start asking some of these hard questions.”

The fact that the U.S. Army was conducting martial law training in St. Louis two years has also aroused suspicions.

The presence of provocateurs during riots and unrest is by no means a new phenomenon.

http://www.infowars.com/ferguson-riots-being-exacerbated-by-violent-provocateurs/

Today with the upturn in the War Cycle there is a different issue. The militarization of the police is against everyone. The incident in Ferguson may not be simply a race incident. This may be related to the militarization of police and the hostile attitude they are displaying everywhere. I was stopped in a road-block on my way to work in the morning. It was an unconstitutional stop for every car was stopped to see if you had all your documents. If you did not, they sent you to a line for tickets. There was no smile or friendly police officer asking for your papers. It felt very much like the East German police when I went behind the Berlin Wall – “papers please”, and I am not even sure there was a “please”.

The Black Community would do well realizing that this militarization of the police was NOT designed simply for them. This is against ALL Americans and they should be wise to distinguish this militarization as being un-American. It looks like we may be on a turn in race riots once again. They began precisely in 1964 with the turn in the War Cycle and it appears we are on schedule here as well. If so, the peak will not arrive before 2017-2018.

http://www.infowars.com/are-we-on-the-verge-of-renewed-race-riots-with-the-turn-in-the-war-cycle-in-2014/

#97 poncho, Aug 18, 2014
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the real purpose of every race riot I can remember.

Just like in this case, most of the rioters couldn't care less about the victim.

It's just an opportunity to exercise their bent toward lawlessness.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, one has nothing to do with the other except capitalizing on the moment.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SNIP

You are what you claim others to be.

#100 carpro, Aug 18, 2014