1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured WARNING!!! Terrorist attack on Texas border IMMINENT

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Aug 29, 2014.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Name one. xxxxx

2. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, the border is 1000 miles long. What's your point?

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The warning specifically mentioned the Juarez area.

But I would guess you might not have read it, since everything appears normal in your area.

But it probably appears normal in the Juarez area, as well.

#23 carpro, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ans-imminent-car-bomb-attacks-US-targets.html

ISIS in Mexico? Feds DENY watchdog group's claim that the terror group is operating in Juarez and plans 'imminent' car-bomb attacks on US targets

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'll place my trust in Judicial Watch over the Obama Administration any day. I think we are in for trouble. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree :thumbsup:

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ain' it a sad day for this country where trustworthiness was once a virtue ?

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath Matt. It's not going to happen. The Rev is special. He doesn't have to prove his own claims.

#29 poncho, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Proof" #1. Not on the border. Rancher lives north of Edinburg, miles and miles from the border. "Proof" #2. Falfurrias is 91 miles north of the border. "Proof" #3. Brooks county is not even a border county! It is miles north of the Rio Grande Valley

LOL! Another border "expert" who doesn't have a clue! LOL!

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK so you see what is going on her folks, his position cannot be defended, he tried to paint all of the border problems as being sensationalized and when proof is offered that shows otherwise he tries to nit pick at the distance from the boarder.

Anyway we see it for what it is.

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't offer any proof. As always you ran your big mouth and when called on it you couldn't defend your comments.

You are an internet commando who thinks he knows everything there is to know when in reality you are one of the most ignorant people on the forum.

You don't live on the border. You don't see what is going on on a daily basis.

You read sensationalized media accounts and are stupid enough to swallow them whole.

You listen to radical right wingers who want to invent a crisis so they can accuse Obama of ignoring it.

The truth is, as if you care, that it is business as usual on the border. The rest is hype.

Maybe you should get away from your computer now and then and get out in the real world. You might learn something.

Come down to the border. I will take you to a restaurant right on the river and you won't see a single "invasion."

I will take you across the border into Progresso. You will see the border for yourself. And the only people you will see at the fence are those women and children begging for coins.

But of course, you won't do that. You would rather regurgitate the hype and lies the media and politicians spew forth.

We Texans have got this. You just stay on the porch with the other pups. You're not ready to run with the big dogs.

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I choose ....

... to believe Governor Perry's appraisal of the border and not yours Ted. He is, after all, the governor, and you are one person, speaking about one area of your huge border. :thumbs:

The number of illegal children and adults crossing the border this last year is proof. enough that you don't have all the facts. :type:

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh.....yea of course, Russian is not in the Ukraine, Isis is not in Iraq, two planes did not fly in to the twin towers, and there is no illegals crossing the border. Good grief. Somnebody else needs his tin foil hat.

I in fact did provide proof. The fact that you want to deny it only speaks about you.

By the way your little anecdotal story has no credibilty.

#34 Revmitchell, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The unprecedented influx of immigrant youth overwhelming federal shelters has captured most of the headlines and roiled debate in Washington over how to solve the crisis. More than 52,000 unaccompanied minors, mostly from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, have illegally crossed over this fiscal year, nearly four times the number two years ago.

But an equally alarming — and less publicized — tide of women from those same countries are crossing over each day, children in tow. They're employing the same strategies as the unaccompanied minors: crossing the Rio Grande near McAllen and turning themselves in to the nearest Border Patrol unit.

Border Patrol statistics show it's not just children crossing. The number of all immigrants — men, women and children — other than Mexicans arrested at the Southwest border has soared from 46,997 in fiscal year 2011 to nearly 150,000 last fiscal year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/05/immigrant-moms-border-texas/12207667/

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Rio Grande Valley has become ground zero for an unprecedented surge in families and unaccompanied children flooding across the Southwest border, creating what the Obama administration is calling a humanitarian crisis as border officials struggle to accommodate new detainees. Largely from Central America, they are now arriving at a rate of more than 35,000 a month.

Anzalduas Park, a 96-acre expanse of close-cropped fields and woodland that sits on the southern bend of the river, has turned from an idyllic family recreation area into a high-traffic zone for illegal migration.

The number of children and teenagers traveling alone from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador is expected to reach up to 90,000 across the Southwest border by the end of the year, along with a surge of families with children seeking safe passage into the U.S.

"This is the hottest spot in the nation for crossings," said Hidalgo County Precinct 3 Constable Lazaro "Larry" Gallardo, a valley native who said he had never seen a migration wave of such a scale during his 14 years in office. "Something's got to be done because the numbers are just too high."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-border-chaos-20140614-story.html#page=1

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, it couldn't possibly be that Governor Perry is positioning himself for another run for the presidency, could it? :D
    But the kids are not the issue of this discussion. I already addressed the kids.

In fact, in the past 12 months the number of adults crossing illegally is down, not up. :)

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, thanks Ted ...

Kids or adults, they are all here without permission. The last time I checked that equates to being here illegally. Besides, kids are just years from being adults, and they are being sent on their way to who knows where, to wait for the liberal blessing to becoming citizens the cheap and cheating way.

Admit it Ted you don't care if the politicals in DC give America away. Could you be part of the problem? Your message signals you are amigo! Ole! :laugh:

If they turn out to be terrorists, living on the border like you claim could cost your head and one of those innocent illegal children may carry it through the streets. I'd be very concerned if I were in your cowboy boots.

#38 righteousdude2, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, but the kids are not a clear and present danger to our country. Nobody has said they are not illegal. All I said is the "invasion" and "danger" emphasized by the left wing media and used by neo-cons to put us back on a war footing is hysteria designed to scare the public into voting in the "law and order" group.
    I can always tell when someone on the BB is losing an argument, and they know they are losing the argument. They resort to lying. Shame on you!
    Is it possible. Anything is possible, but there is no real reason to think I am. My solution to the entire issue is to close the border completely, in both directions, as I clearly stated in my earlier post. Nobody crosses from either direction regardless of who they are and what country they are citizens of.
    You may want to find another line of work. You are not very good at signal intel.

Oh, and Ted Cassidy is the guy who played Lurch on the Adam's Family on television back in the mid 1960s. All those who are competent at intel gathering know my first name is Tom, or Thomas. :)
    As I am the one who lives here, and knows the situation first hand, I know better than to be terrified by a bunch of very tenuous "if"s.

Remember, this is Texas. Remember our unofficial state motto, "Don't mess with Texas." Texas has one of the highest percentages of armed citizenry of any state in the US. "If" (and that is a very big "if") terrorists cross the border (that, so far, is myth), and try to declare their jihad against Texans, they will get a very rude awakening. Not from the government agencies, but from the people themselves. Most of us never leave the house without our trusty firearm, or firearms. Every day as I go about my daily life I see countless Texans open carrying long guns (rifles and shotguns) slung over their shoulders. And those you can't see, carried concealed as I do, are much, much more numerous.

This is Texas. Not New York. Not New Jersey. Not Washington, DC. Texas. We have a history of taking care of ourselves.

If you want to fear for someone, fear for any potential terrorists. They will quickly discover there are no virgins waiting for them. Only the judgment bar! :)

19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, yes, they are. (Well, at least Russia is.)
    Uh, yes, they are.
    Uh, yes, they did. (You don't seem to be very well informed. You really should get off the BB and study up on what is happening around the world.)
    There are a lot of illegals crossing the border. The numbers are down, but there are still a lot of them.
    I think your tinfoil had must be too tight. It is cutting off the blood supply to your brain.
    You posted three links to stories that DID NOT take place on the border. You do know that the border is not in Falfurrias, don't you? You do know where the border is, don't you? Here. A little help. Have somebody read the article to you, or just look at the map. It shows where Falfurrias is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falfurrias,_Texas
    Well, first of all, it is spelled "credibility." Second, you still want to claim "expert" status even though you have never been here? LOL! ROFLOL!