1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptists and Anabaptists

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by wpe3bql, Jun 9, 2015.

1. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They did get their name from him. Many Brethren that didn't end up under the Muntzer influence, fell under the leadership of Menno. All of the original founders were killed. Menno filled in a void. Menno kept his group from heresys that plagued other Anabaptists. Such as groups led by Muntzer, Severtus, and Hubmaier.

*when I get home, I will get you some dates when Menno took over and the linage of leadership leading to him from Grebel and original Swiss Brethren.

#41 McCree79, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok....to finish connecting the dots. Melchior Hofmann spent time with the Swiss Brethren. He was baptized April 23rd. Left left the Swiss Brethren and eventually founded the Dutch Anabaptists. A good chunk of the Dutch Anabaptists got caught up in the munsterite fanatic spirit. Others such as Obbe Philips maintained much of the Swiss Brethren doctrine. Obbe was responsible for the ordination of Menno Simons.

*I should add the Hofmann meet up with the Swiss Brethren (Hans Denk) in Strassburg, Germany. Hofmann wasn't with the Brethren before being driven from Zurich.

#42 McCree79, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  3. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

4. Rebel

Rebel Active Member