1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastoral openings

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by revmwc, Feb 2, 2012.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

As I search for Fundamental Independent Baptist churches I find very few up to date list of churches seeking a pastor. What is the reason that there is not a way for those churches not to find pastors or for pastors seeking to find a place to minister not to have such an asset from technology? I have a degree from a BBFI recognized school and they don't send out a list of churches seeking ministers, I would think churches would contact them and they would send that list to their alumni. Anyone know of a website for this type of search?

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So those are the only Independent fundamental churches with openings? My point is there should be many, many more than that for all the pastors looking for a pastorate.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I'm certain those aren't the only ones available, but these are available at least according to the site that are listed. There are a few options there.

What are you looking for in particular? Does your pastor know of any, or are you already pastoring and looking?

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I am looking for a bi-vocational position first in my area, secondly fulltime out of my area. I have sent resume's to a few of the churches listed on the site you sent me but no reponse from them at all. I have just received a job in which I am not going to be travelling and am able to support the 7dependents I have. So the church could be small and not pay well and I could support my family if there were churches in my area. There are several independent Baptist churches in my area and several are on sites such as role call and others which show that they have no pastor but most date back to 2001 to 2006. If there were some in my area then I would love to find out. I can go to the SBC Associations in this area and get a list of pastorless churches even though several of theirs are dated as being pastorless for well over 3 years. I would like to see a resource such as that for independent baptist churches. Or if someone can tell me how they normally determine IB churches seeking a Pastor it would be appreciated.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you thought about serving an English speaking (American Military) church in Germany?

Check this link out - you could email a couple of the larger churches and see if they know of any that are seeking a pastor.

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

There are a handful of sights you look at, although they are not specific to any one denomination.

pastorpositions.net
    pastorfinder.com
    churchstaffing.com
    churchjobs.net