1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WMSCoG: That was odd!

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Gina B, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I have never heard of this group before and was so thrown I did not talk, as we have many scammers and criminals here who who try to find any way in, and between their story and the dog going nuts barooing (which she rarely does) I didn't think they were for real.
    But I looked it up, and it's a thing.
    They started out asking me to come to a Bible study, (as in it seemed it was happening tonight) then talking about god the mother returning. How I had not been taught that, when I told them I already had a place. I asked them for written info (a paper, a pamphlet, anything) and their response was "Are you interested in coming to the Bible study?" I said no and they said goodbye. At that point I was still convinced it wasn't real.

Still not sure they aren't using it for a scam, even if the cult/religion is real, but on the other hand, I learned of a new group. Now I am trying to figure out what is true and not true on the warnings about them. Anyone know a good resource?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Nasty group. Stand clear. Way clear.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FWIW WMSCoG stands for World Mission Society Church of God

5. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

That's a crazy cult that IIRC is an import from S. Korea. I've run into them twice here in Maryland. Grade A whack jobs. They absolutely would not stop talking about the passover and their "mother." Disgusting heresies.