1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bankers are Behind the Wars

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Apr 18, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

All Wars Are Bankers’ Wars

Former managing director of Goldman Sachs – and head of the international analytics group at Bear Stearns in London (Nomi Prins) - notes:

Throughout the century that I examined, which began with the Panic of 1907 … what I found by accessing the archives of each president is that through many events and periods, particular bankers were in constant communication [with the White House] — not just about financial and economic policy, and by extension trade policy, but also about aspects of World War I, or World War II, or the Cold War, in terms of the expansion that America was undergoing as a superpower in the world, politically, buoyed by the financial expansion of the banking community.

In the beginning of World War I, Woodrow Wilson had adopted initially a policy of neutrality. But the Morgan Bank, which was the most powerful bank at the time, and which wound up funding over 75 percent of the financing for the allied forces during World War I … pushed Wilson out of neutrality sooner than he might have done, because of their desire to be involved on one side of the war.

Now, on the other side of that war, for example, was the National City Bank, which, though they worked with Morgan in financing the French and the British, they also didn’t have a problem working with financing some things on the German side, as did Chase …

When Eisenhower became president … the U.S. was undergoing this expansion by providing, under his doctrine, military aid and support to countries [under] the so-called threat of being taken over by communism … What bankers did was they opened up hubs, in areas such as Cuba, in areas such as Beirut and Lebanon, where the U.S. also wanted to gain a stronghold in their Cold War fight against the Soviet Union. And so the juxtaposition of finance and foreign policy were very much aligned.

So in the ‘70s, it became less aligned, because though America was pursuing foreign policy initiatives in terms of expansion, the bankers found oil, and they made an extreme effort to activate relationships in the Middle East, that then the U.S. government followed. For example, in Saudi Arabia and so forth, they get access to oil money, and then recycle it into Latin American debt and other forms of lending throughout the globe. So that situation led the U.S. government.

Indeed, JP Morgan also purchased control over America’s leading 25 newspapers in order to propagandize US public opinion in favor of US entry into World War 1.

And many big banks did, in fact, fund the Nazis.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/04/wars-bankers-wars.html

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    TND,
    I dont see any trolls, I only see your post?

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Well, that's the only thing I see, as well, but I think there might be something lurking around here that people might need to be aware of -- can't really say why I think that, just a strong feeling. :laugh:

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to put your tin foil hat on to be able to see it.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    News Flash! Extra! Extra! Read all about it! BANKS MAKE LOANS! Yes, they do!

I'd like someone to elaborate on how JP Morgan bank "pushed" Wilson out of neutrality sooner then Wilson wanted to, when the US didn't get involved until three years after the war started. Theodore Roosevelt had far more influence on the American people entering the war than JP Morgan. Also what were these 25 leading newspapers that Morgan supposedly bought to control the press?

JP Morgan asked for clarification as to whether or not his banks should be making loans to the allies during WWI. Excerpt from letter from William Jennings Bryan, US secretary of state in Wilson's administration to JP Morgan:
    There is no reason why loans should not be made to the governments of neutral nations, but in the judgment of this Government, loans by American bankers to any foreign nation which is at war are inconsistent with the true spirit of neutrality. --Aug. 15, 1914

http://wwi.lib.byu.edu/index.php/U.S._Policy_on_War_Loans_to_Belligerents

So Morgan was already making loans to the allies since the beginning of the war. He was already "involved in one side of the war". How could he "push" Wilson into the war? It makes no sense.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

:laugh: I believe you are correct, sir! :thumbsup:

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your 800 # ? Looks like I will need to buy one.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

There's one in your kitchen drawer. It just doesn't look like a hat yet. :laugh:

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I want the official that Revmitchell has a patent on - you know the one with patent # 666,666,666,666 :rolleyes:

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why can't you guys address the OP?
    It's low hanging fruit.