1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Chuck Missler, Who Is He?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Jul 5, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I was doing a search on online discussions on God via google and came across Dr. Missler. He was doing a 2hrs lecture on Youtube. Who is Dr. Missler? Who is he affiliated with?

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I think I've "found" him. I did a Google search for "Chuck Missler" and the first result was the web-site of Koinonia House: http://www.khouse.org/

Clicking on "About Us" brought up the following:

K-House was founded by Chuck and Nancy Missler. Chuck, a Naval academy graduate and former Branch Chief of the Dept. of Guided Missiles, had a remarkable 30-year executive career. He served on the Board of Directors of 12 public companies and was CEO of 6 of them. For twenty years Chuck balanced his high-profile corporate career with his teaching commitment to a weekly Bible study at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in Southern California. Nancy, while raising their four children, has touched the lives of thousands through her in-depth teaching of Biblical discoveries in her "Way of Agape" and "Be Ye Transformed" books and tape series.

After a devastating earthquake in 1992 demolished their home in Big Bear, California, Chuck and Nan moved Koinonia House to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and K-House now reaches tens of thousands through its monthly newsletter, radio shows, cassette tapes, and conferences. More than eight million study tapes have been distributed in the U.S. and in over 35 countries around the world. Thanks for visiting us on the Net. Please join us in this Grand Adventure, and let's see what the Lord will do!

The "About Us" page of web site of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, http://www.khouse.org/pages/mcat/about_us/ says:

The Calvary Chapel Church has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.

We Believe: worship of God should be Spiritual. Therefore: We remain flexible and yielded to the Holy Spirit to direct our worship
    We Believe: worship of God should be Inspirational. Therefore: We give a great place to music in our worship
    We Believe: worship of God should be Intelligent. Therefore: Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshiped
    We Believe: worship of God is Fruitful. Therefore: We look for His Love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshiping Him ​

I hope that helps.

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Chuck Missler is associated with Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel 'fame'. Though Calvary Chapels claim to be "non-denominational" they have in fact formed their OWN denomination. Many of their "pastors" are not educated in the typical sense but are simply "ordained" by the chief church in Costa Mesa.

I have attended a few of their services while traveling and visiting friends and have found them frequently to be very much like the "Jesus Freak" movement of the late '60's. Very few mature believers, mostly 20-somethings, and I got the impression that I was having a day at the beach during a rock concert (very loud music and ragged "grunge" clothing)rather than in church to worship God and hear from His word. It seemed like folks went out of their way to present an atmosphere of non-conformity to the extreme. I am not saying one MUST sing hymns and wear suits to worship God however, one mustn't be so casual as to appear that you just got out of bed and ran to church without even brushing your teeth or combing your hair either.

Chuck Missler is a Chuck Smith clone.

#3 av1611jim, Jul 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  4. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Oh my!!!!!!!!!

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Ya' got a few verses for any of this? Sounds to me like 'judging' a lot of extra-Biblical stuff, that doesn't have any Scripture to back it up.

Oh BTW, I always wear relatively clean "Chuck Taylor [SIZE=-1]Converse® All Star®[/SIZE] " and a fairly clean 'baseball cap' with a suit, but that is just me. :rolleyes:

Ed

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

You can't be serious. All of us make "judgments" everyday. The OP asked who this guy was. I gave my impression and opinion based on what I know. I should say however that I have heard him on the radio and apart from some of his eschatology, he seems to be sound biblically speaking.

I also gave my opinion of church services I have attended. As to the dress issue, although there is nothing in Scripture which mandates what we should wear to church, these people's attempt at "casual" was SO casual that I was distracted from what the purpose of gathering with local believers should be all about. But hey....that's me, not Scripture.:wavey: Short shorts, flip flops and tank tops are not appropriate for girls in church. Or is it?

As to the music, I have been to enough rock concerts in my day that even THIS old former hippie knows that you don't go to a concert to feel "spiritual"; it is a flesh satisfying thing. Their music was so loud it hurts the ear. C'mon!:BangHead:

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Thanks for the input. Somehow I thought he could be baptist, but he is with Chuck Smith.

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I wouldn't recommend any of the KHouse stuff for primary studies, but if you are looking for some decent support materials...it's not all that bad.
    Not baptist though of that is what you are concerned with.

9. mes228

mes228 New Member

Missler

I believe chuck Missler is a man with some very far reaching teachings about Angels having relations with humans. These relationships produced ghost, demon spirits,
    giants, etc. etc.. Pretty different from main stream. Be careful,and remember much is opinion, speculation, inferred knowledge from scripture. Really interesting but I try to stay away from such, other than quick glance. Also this is just my opinion from briefly encountering his material. Again be careful as theres a part of the human brain that wants explanations, and the fringe has great explanations for any question you have.

10. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

If you are going to make allegations, make certain you are right. In all I have read, heard, or watched, he has never indicated that Angels had relations with humans that produced ghosts or demons. Giants, yes, that is scriptural. Hence the reason for chosing Noah and his family, Noah was a good man and they had a pure genetic line.

The Sons of God (fallen angels), took themselves wives of the daughters of man, in so doing they produced giants in the land and began messing up the human genes. One of satan's plays in response to the coming Messiah.

11. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Surely the biblically-stated reason for God choosing Noah was God's grace (that is, His undeserved favour), not his "pure genetic line".

12. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Pure genetic line has something to do with it. I am sorry if I did not go into how "good" Noah was, we all know he was a righteous man, but I believe his lineage had something to do with it as well, why did God take Enoch?

13. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

No need for you to apologise, Willie. I believe Noah was good because he found grace in the eyes of the Lord, not the other way round. I imagine he would have echoed the sentiments in your public profile, "Nothing that I have done with my own hands can earn the free gift of eternity." Indeed, is there anyone who can, by their own actions alone, earn God's favour?

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly a defense of Missler! :eek:

Interpreting "sons of God" as "angels" is just that—an interpretation, and a superstitious one at that. Unto which of the angels said He at any time, "Thou art my son..."

15. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Dr. Missler is a member of the Council for National Policy which has connections to Tim Lahaye leadership and Sun Myun Moon funding. You may also desire to research some of Dr. Missler's predictions/prophesies regarding Gog & Magog in the '90s that never came to fruition, as well as his Y2k chicken little stuff.

16. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Jimmy DeYoung also holds to the same idea that "sons of God" took daughters or men, meaning, angels had relations with the daughters of men. Which bore children, giants.

I guess I really don't understand your reply. Perhaps you would be so kind as to elaborate on what your statement meant.

17. pinkcarnation

pinkcarnation New Member

For months now, I have been listening to his radio show here in North Central Texas on KDKR (91.3) I believe it is out of Bridgeport and have not heard anything that sounded the least bit unscriptural. (Is that a word?)

I also listen to Pastor Jack Hibbs(?) everyday at 6:00 p.m. on KDKR and have not heard anything unscriptural from him either.

However, I must say my favorite pastor is the one at our church (fundamental baptist). He has his doctorate and is very knowledgeable.

I have learned a lot from all three of these men, and, so far, all of their teachings are very similiar.

Just wanted to share my opinion....

18. pinkcarnation

pinkcarnation New Member

In agreement with Shot Gun Willie!

19. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

I don't know who sent it to me, but I got a year's worth of Chuck Missler's newsletter. I read them all. Throughout all of it he was putting forth endtimes prophecy while doing some scripture analyses. I didn't read anything that was weird in 12 issues. I didn't renew ~~ I have enough on my plate.....

20. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

I went through his approx. 13 hour DVD series on the Book of Daniel and noticed nothing out of the mainstream.
    His historical background work is outstanding.
    No bizarre prophecies.
    It was very instructional.

MR