1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Legalism

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by SolaSaint, Jul 5, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

I'd ask you to show me that quote. Swindoll takes no such position, to my knowledge.
    Swindoll and his wife Cynthia "tithe in reverse" -- they live on 10%, give 90%. Would you fault them for the 10% being so great? They give much of that to the EFCA missions board. At least two of his sons and their wives serve on the missions field in Asia and Africa.

Their so-called "mansion" is no more house than the kind I build in the southern KC metro. "Mansion" is not a fair word to use. Yeah, they're big houses. Lots of people in my church live in such houses. So what? Would you have them live in poverty to "prove" their humility? :rolleyes:

Sorry, John, I have a great deal of respect for you and your ministry, but if you don't really know what Swindoll teaches -- and it is apparent you don't -- not commenting would be a better option.

#21 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's good to know I'm wrong about their giving. Thank you for correcting me.

I have to go catch a plane.