1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured John R. Rice and the Antichrist

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't the truth though that if one is right about Jesus, and that one has received Him as their personal lord and saviour, that we still can and do have wrong and erronous beliefs still, such as Billy graham error on the RCC being a true church?

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As Protestant demonstrates in his own posts, no one is perfect in their doctrine. :)

3. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

If Graham’s errors were confined to side issues such as mode of baptism, tithing, continuity of spiritual gifts, etc., that would be one thing.

However, that is not the case.

By honoring the legacy of the Pope, Graham denies the fundamental doctrines necessarily attributed to Christian believers.

Either one is for Christ or against Christ.

You cannot have it both ways.

You cannot worship God and Satan.

How many on this board would say with conviction that the Pope is for Christ?

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

How many on this board would say with conviction that the RC tree bears only good fruit?

The Papacy and RCC repudiate all essential teachings of Christiaty as I have demonstrated numerous times.

Though Graham professes Christian orthodoxy, by aligning himself with the anti-Christian Papacy as friend and advocate, he betrays the very Master he claims to serve.

Either one is for Christ or against Christ.

You cannot have it both ways.

You cannot worship God and Satan.

That DHK refuses to see the obvious is not because it hasn’t been spelled out to him.

Yet he does see a dilemma in the fact that even he would not go so far as to declare the Pope the greatest moral and spiritual leader of the 20th century.

Furthermore, I have given incontrovertible evidence that Graham preaches a false Gospel.

Is it not curious that not one person on this board has cried out in horror that Graham insists there are the saved among non-believers who never place faith in Christ?

I have purposefully used such luminaries as Graham, Rice, Osteen, Robison, Copeland, TBN, Falwell, Robertson, etc. as examples to demonstrate the fact that the professing Christian Church is in dire straits if the so-called ‘anointed leadership’ cannot discern the difference between true Christianity and false Christianity.

I, for one, refuse to be silent on the issue.

Twice-born Christians are new creations having been delivered out of the snares of the Prince of Darkness and translated into the kingdom of Light with a new and holy master, the Lord Jesus Christ.

The omnipotent resurrecting power of God accomplishes this miracle of grace.

And lastly, to know Christ is to know his opposite: Antichrist.

CHRIST: God, who humbled Himself to be man.
    ANTICHRIST: Man, who exalts himself to be as God
    CHRIST: The Head of the true Church, Christianity.
    ANTICHRIST: The head of the false Church, Anti-Christianity.

CHRIST: Worked true miracles by God’s power.
    ANTICHRIST: Works lying miracles by Satan’s power.

CHRIST: The Savior who saves His people.
    ANTICHRIST: The destroyer who destroys his people.

CHRIST: He shed His own innocent blood for the Elect.
    ANTICHRIST: He sheds the innocent blood of the Elect.

CHRIST: The Good Shepherd.
    ANTICHRIST: The idol shepherd.

CHRIST: The Seed of the woman.
    ANTICHRIST: The seed of the serpent.

CHRIST: He wore a crown of thorns and a scarlet robe.
    ANTICHRIST: He wears a triple tiara and scarlet robe.

CHRIST: He was hated and crucified.
    ANTICHRIST: He is beloved and worshipped.

CHRIST: He was hung on a cross, an object of loathing.
    ANTICHRIST: He worships a cross, an object of veneration.

CHRIST: He seals the Elect in the forehead, invisibly, by the Spirit.
    ANTICHRIST: He marks the Reprobates in their foreheads, visibly, with the sign of the cross.

CHRIST: He came not to send peace upon the Earth.
    ANTICHRIST: He claims to be a pilgrim of peace upon the Earth.

CHRIST: His kingdom is not of this world.
    ANTICHRIST: His kingdom is of the world.

CHRIST: He came from above, Heaven.
    ANTICHRIST: He came from the bottomless pit, Hell.

CHRIST: He holds the keys to death and Hell.
    ANTICHRIST: He claims to hold the keys to Purgatory, Heaven and Hell.

CHRIST: His words, works and life declared who He was.
    ANTICHRIST: His words, works and life declare who he is.

CHRIST: The Scriptures proclaimed him.
    ANTICHRIST: The Scriptures warned of him.

CHRIST: He was in the world and the world knew Him not.
    ANTICHRIST: He is in the world and the world knows him not.

CHRIST: The unblemished Lamb.
    ANTICHRIST: The scarlet-colored Beast.

CHRIST: The High Priest and Mediator of the Elect.
    ANTICHRIST: The High Priest (Pontifex Maximus) and Mediator of the Reprobate.

CHRIST: He came to gather and save the scattered flock.
    ANTICHRIST: He came to scatter and consume the flock.

CHRIST: The government is upon His shoulders.
    ANTICHRIST: Governments rise and fall at his command.

CHRIST: He reigns from spiritual Mt. Zion: Heaven.
    ANTICHRIST: He reigns from spiritual Babylon: Rome.

CHRIST: The bright and morning star.
    ANTICHRIST: The fallen star, Wormwood.

CHRIST: The mystery of godliness to all but the Elect.
    ANTICHRIST: The mystery of iniquity to all but the Elect.

CHRIST: Foreknown to glory.
    ANTICHRIST: Foreknown to damnation.

CHRIST: Son of God, Son of man.
    ANTICHRIST: Son of perdition, Man of Sin.

[​IMG]

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let's just look at this one part of your voluminous post. The rest is really unnecessary. I want you to comment on something.

I was saved "out of Catholicism." I trusted Christ as my Savior when I heard the gospel for the first time in my life. However, I did not start attending another Biblical church for two years. I did not get baptized until two years later. I remained "officially" a Catholic for those two years. I knew I was saved.
    But according to what you have just posted, "you can't worship God and Satan," I couldn't have even been saved those two years. Is that correct? Are you questioning my salvation because I didn't come out of the Catholic Church for two years? What gives here?

5. Protestant

“Another Biblical church?” Are you inferring your Catholic church was biblical?

I hope not.

Are you inferring the necessity of a Baptist church baptism in order to salvation?

I hope not.

You “knew you were saved.” But other Christian believers knowledgeable in the many anti-Christian doctrines and traditions of the Catholic Church would not have such assurance.

I would, by biblical injunction, be compelled to discern your ‘fruit.’

I would ask you:

Do you understand that by participating in the ‘holy sacrifice of the Mass’ you are denigrating, disparaging, impugning and reviling the once for all, never to be repeated perfect sacrifice of Christ?

Do you believe that infant baptism (or any baptism for that matter) cleanses you of original sin while at the same time imparting salvation?

Do you understand that your idol-filled church is a polytheistic religion with infinite gods to whom the church encourages your prayers, adoration and thanksgiving?

Do you understand that your Roman church is that prophesied evil Church which has shed the blood of untold millions, including that of true Christian men, women, children and elderly?

If you do understand these things, then why do you still remain?

If you do not understand these things, then let us have serious Bible studies together.

If, after the Bible studies, you remain in the Catholic church then I would have no other alternative but to consider your Christian profession to be of the flesh, not of the Spirit.

Today your past status is irrelevant. We cannot go back in time to test your spirit.

What is relevant is the historical fact that you did leave the Catholic Church.

Why did you leave?

Because the Holy Spirit effectually convicted you of sin, righteousness and judgment.

This He does with all true believers.

With God all things are possible.

However, it is impossible that a professing ‘born-again, spirit-filled’ Christian leader who claims to be ruling Head of the universal Christian Church also be a blaspheming idolatrous God-hating Devil worshipper.

Our God is not a God of confusion, nor is the regenerating Holy Spirit both holy and unclean.

The fruit of the Papacy and RCC is rotten, therefore the tree and root is rotten.

If it is not of God, then it is of the Devil. There is no other choice.

Scripture gives us many ‘tests’ by which we Christians can discern true Christianity from the false.

True Christians through the centuries applied these tests to the Papacy and RCC resulting in their separation from its churches and worship.

For this they were murdered.

In our generation, Satan has changed his tactics.

Rather than kill the body, he concentrates on stealing and destroying the truth by stealth.

He sends his false apostles – false Church leaders – into the Lord’s wheat fields to disseminate numerous God-dishonoring and blasphemous lies.

For professing Christian leaders to call the Pope and his Church ‘Christian,’ worthy to be praised and honored, betrays the judgment of God upon theses tares.

It's time professing Christian sheep woke up and sounded the alarm.

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

If any man have an ear, let him hear.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have no problem answering your questions.
    By another (ambiguous), I simply meant "any other," or "any other church."
    No, but you ought to know that Catholics and Baptists alike from the time of the Apostles onward have always considered baptism as the door to the church. As long as I wasn't baptized I was still an official member of the RCC, whether or not I attended. There are thousands, if not millions, of nominal Catholics that rarely attend Mass. There are only a "relative" few (compared to the one billion adherents) that are actually devout.
    As long as I wasn't baptized into another church I was still officially a member of "the harlot church" according to you.
    What other Christian believers?
    The question is not "do you," but "did you."
    The answer is two-fold.
    One, I didn't become a theologian overnight. I had never read a Bible in my life. I wasn't suddenly met on the road with a bright shining light and infused with the knowledge of the Word to compare all the doctrines of the RCC which not even I had memorized according to the Catechism. Not many do. You are hardly reasonable.
    No RCC would even admit to some of the things you have said. They are offensive. Why would you think a new believer would immediately change his view on history, if he even was aware of such history? To him the Crusades were a time of victory. Look in your secular history books, your encyclopedias.
    Have you ever heard of progressive sanctification?
    After two years of studying the Bible on my own, I put the Bible on one side and the doctrines of the RCC on the other (figuratively) and could see that they opposed each other. Yes, it took that long. Then I knew I had a decision to make. Which way was I going to go; who was I going to follow. I chose to follow the Bible; follow Christ. (I was then in an occupation where I didn't have any contact or little contact with the public).
    Not to you. I listened to the Word. It was the Word of God that guided my steps (Psalm 119:105).
    That is my testimony. You can shout and rant all you want about how things ought to be, but if they don't jive with your theories then maybe just maybe you will have to admit that you are wrong.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Protestant

Your testimony has never been in question.

The question which remains to be answered by you has to do with the Papacy and RCC.

Do you conclude that the Papacy and RCC are Christian?

Our so-called revered Church 'leaders' (a few of whom I have mentioned by name) affirm that they are.

I thank you in advance for your honest reply.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you have read my posts you ought to know the answers to those questions by now.
    No, I don't believe that RCC is a Christian organization.
    However, I don't believe that others who have made the mistake of believing that it is, are condemned to hell. What condemns you to hell? Telling a lie? Do you not believe in eternal security?

10. Protestant

Thank you for your honest response.

The ‘others’ who have made the ‘mistake’ of believing the Papacy and RCC are Christian are not the casual Sunday-Go-To-Meetin’ Christians.

Those whom I have specifically named have worldwide ministries which reach millions.

These ‘leaders’ have been professional religionists for decades.

Most of them make an extremely comfortable living….some even live extravagant lifestyles which the secular press exposes on a regular basis.

Common sense dictates that before becoming a recognized religious authority one must have the necessary credentials.

One such essential credential is that of being born of the Spirit.

Another necessary credential is that of having a thorough knowledge of the subject upon which one is preaching and teaching.

And lastly, the religious leader must base his teaching and preaching on the Word of God as his sole authority.

Of course, all will assure the public that God has called them to their ministries and they all use the Bible as their ultimate authority.

As stated earlier, it is one thing for the professional religious elite to veer off course when teaching side issues.

It is quite another to be so blind as not to discern false Christianity (anti-Christianity) from true Christianity.

This is no small, insignificant blunder.

Rather it betrays a hierarchy of false prophets who have infiltrated the professing Christian Church, unbeknownst to the many ignorant easily deceived sheep.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
    30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
    31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Scripture does not warn of non-Christian enemies.

They are easily discernible.

The enemies of whom we are warned are enemies who come by stealth, ‘dressed’ as Christians, claiming to have the authority to preach and teach in the name of Christ.

Many have several shiny diplomas to ‘prove’ their orthodox God-approved status.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Jesus gives us clear instructions as to how, exactly, we may discern the false Christian leaders.

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Men who attempt to gather grapes from thorns are insane.

As are men who attempt to gather to gather figs from thistles.

Their fruitless attempts to gather what is impossible from the sources mentioned proves them to be mentally unhinged.

Of such men we are not to place our trust.

Likewise are we to judge false prophets.

One must be spiritually insane to believe that the spiritual Head of the anti-Christian RCC is a holy, spirit-filled man of God.

One must be spiritually insane to attempt to seek spiritual wisdom from one who is devoid of spiritual truth.

The spiritually insane are devoid of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive.

We are not to trust such men, nor are we to have fellowship with them.

For their explicit approval of anti-Christianity reveals their love of darkness as well as hatred of the light of Christian truth.

It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to lead His people into all truth, not the least of which is that of effectually showing Christian leaders the obvious difference between true and false Christianity.

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 . Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them

For a recognized Christian ‘leader’ to praise the anti-Christian head of anti-Christianity whose fruit is evil betrays his spiritual depravity.

He can claim Christ as Lord all he wants, but at the end of the day by aligning himself with anti-Christianity he denies the very Lord whom he claims purchased him.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

[​IMG]

FYI Christian leaders: This is the anti-Christian head of anti-Christianity.

It is not the will of the Father that Christian leaders portray the Papacy and RCC as ‘Christian.’

It is the will of the Father that Christian leaders warn others of their insidious and deadly nature.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is significant is your lack of discernment.

Have you considered Walter Martin's turnabout concerning the SDA's?
    In his earlier publications of his book on the Cults he included them.
    But then he had a change of mind and omitted them as a cult.
    You don't seem to mind that, and attack him. That is a far more serious matter than Billy Graham's friendship with the RCC IMO.

What about Halley's Bible Handbook?
    In earlier editions it included a lengthy history of the crusades, inquisitions, a history of what went on in the Dark Ages, and the deeds done by the RCC.
    Now, in the later editions, that history is largely omitted.
    Yet you say nothing about this popular Bible handbook! Just Billy Graham.

Billy Graham preaches the gospel. Every time he stands up behind a pulpit the gospel is heard.
    Have you ever heard of Charles Templeton? He traveled with Billy Graham in the earlier years of his ministry before Graham was tied up with Catholics. Neither had compromised their message. Templeton became the co-founder of the YFC movement. The big difference is this:
    Billy Graham has continued to preach the gospel til the day of his death.
    Something happened to Templeton that caused him to apostatize. He became an atheist and denied every fundamental belief of Christianity that he ever preached.
    There is such a thing as "giving credit where credit is due."

Graham is not the wolf in sheep's clothing.

12. Protestant

Yes, I have posted on this subject. Perhaps you were out of town and missed it. I re-post it below for your edification.

Billy Graham’s Other Intentional Lie by Omission

Earlier this present writer cited two classic Graham quotes whereby he dismisses the immoral, idolatrous, blasphemous, anti-Christian Sacrifice of the Mass as a light thing of no consequence, though, in truth, it denounces and repudiates the perfect, holy, once-for-all propitiatory sacrifice of Christ…..the very foundation of Christianity.

Graham’s crimes against Christianity are further evidenced in his intentional suppression and deletion of the factual Church history section of Halley’s Bible Handbook, gifts presented to attendees at several of his 1960s Crusades.

You may purchase this Billy Graham Crusade Edition here:

http://www.amazon.com/Halleys-Handbook-Graham-Crusade-Edition/dp/B002W8VLNI

Halley stated in the introduction to his Church history section:

However, Billy Graham thought otherwise.

Telling the whole truth has the tendency to ruffle feathers and cause dissension, as well as possibly motivating the newly informed Christian to utilize his critical thinking in areas of which he was once ignorant or misinformed.

Once one is educated in Church history it is difficult to remain an Ecumenist or Futurist.

It is also difficult to believe Roman Catholicism is another expression of Christianity, her Pope a holy and moral Christian man.

Its anti-Christian history soundly refutes that myth.

Let us review a few key passages from the 40 pages which Graham’s Crusade attendees never read. In his biographical sketch of Pope Innocent III, Halley informs us,

The Revelation is the history of the trials and tribulations of Christ’s true Christian Church foretold.

It is also the revelation of the papal Antichrist and his false Christian Church headquartered in Rome.

Futurists such as Graham would rather eliminate factual Church history from the serious Christian’s knowledge base than expose him to truth which would force the Christian to confront obvious inconsistencies between revealed historical truth and fables taught by the innumerable false prophets of our day.

13. Protestant

Below is a quote which represents Billy's Gospel:

Here is a YouTube excerpt from Graham's Hour of Power appearance where he again preaches salvation apart from faith in Christ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCgpUPHkgc8

I fully understand that by calling the very Reverend Graham accursed for preaching another Gospel I will make enemies.

To many he is a god.

Now I ask you: Do you still consider Graham an anointed preacher/teacher sent from God......though he cannot discern false Christianity from true while having the audacity to preach a false Gospel?

14. Protestant

Walter Martin was in error when he considered them a legitimate Christian church. His bigger error was in omitting the RCC from his book altogether.

Martin is now gone to his 'reward.'

Hank Hanegraaff is no Bible Answer Man. He neither understands election nor prophecy being a dyed in the wool Arminian Preterist.

He is yet another example of carnal Christian 'leadership' who accepts the RCC as 'Christian.'

http://www.equip.org/perspectives/is-the-roman-catholic-church-a-cult/

Much has been written about his luxurious lifestyle, the result of his constant haranguing of listeners for money.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Billy Graham has always preached the same old gospel.
    Stop your lies.
    Benny Hinn ascribes to "a little god" theory; Graham does not.
    No one has ascribed godhood to him.
    Stop your lies.
    In spite of his short comings he still preaches the gospel. You can't take that away from him.

Here is a link you might be interested in. It concerns what some in the RCC believe:
    http://www.redflagnews.com/headline...dinal-declares-mohammed-a-true-prophet-of-god

16. Protestant

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

I put no words in Graham's mouth. Nor do I add 'spin.'

He openly denies Christ as the only way to the Father.

As such he is cursed.

Scripture does not lie.

let God be true, but every man a liar.

'Short comings?'

You call believing and publicly preaching salvation apart from Christ a 'short coming?'

The Bible calls such 'antichrist' denying Christ's coming in the flesh to die a substitutionary sacrifice on behalf of the Elect in order to propitiate and expiate the justice and wrath of God.

Further proof of the anti-Christian nature of this religion which is the dragon's Pièce de résistance.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is something for you to chew on.
    In the context of the RCC position of "annulments" Pope Francis recently said:
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/pope-sacked-church-official-for-selling-annulments/ar-BBd9QGj
    Maybe Graham and Rice could think that this pope is different (or a believer) because of something similar said in the past.
    Isn't that your belief? "freely justified by Jesus Christ"?

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Protestant, do you believe "the Seventh Day [of the week] is Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD"?

Is God "in [this] respect to Sabbaths' Feast of Christ the Substance", to you, "the LORD, _your_ GOD", too?

Just asking because I am seriously interested if perhaps such formidable opponent to papal heresy as yourself, might support its greatest heresy, viz., Sunday worship?

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

AHA! Said one "hobby horse" to another.