1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Program to fight drugs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in hearing your opinion on it. You do have an opinion on this right?

At the same time the same "govt agencies" that want to track and trace every car in America want the "The Popular Cop-Tracking GPS App, WAZE" banned.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-ban-waze-popular-cop-tracking-gps-app/

My opinion on this is because WAZE is ruining a perfectly good revenue generating business.

We can do unto you but you cannot do unto us. Turn around is fair play as far as I'm concerned. Look out Big Bro you ain't the only one who can use the new tracking technology.

#2 poncho, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I am against the program, except for in border patrol. Knowing when a vehicle registered to a known trafficker is coming in would be nice. Knowing where all citizens are at all times isn't.

Poncho, per that app, I'm against that, too. People would only use it to know when it's ok to break the law. That's why I don't like radar detectors. If you're not speeding, who cares if an officer sees how fast you're going?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Technology is a double edge sword. If the PTB are going to use it to spy on us and track and trace our every move they shouldn't complain when citizens use it to track and trace their every move.

There are those out there who believe only the military and police should have guns because some citizen may use one to commit a crime. The argument in favor of eroding and/or eradicating our second and fourth amendment protection from government tyranny sounds a lot like your argument against WAZE . . . "if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about". I'm sure Big Brother loves to hear that argument being repeated.

This week's report that U.S. government surveillance efforts have reached our roads appears to be just the latest troubling expansion of post-Sept. 11 domestic spying. Like so many of the online surveillance techniques that have been revealed in recent years, the newly uncovered Justice Department program -- which scans license plates in order to track the movements of vehicles, creating a national database for law enforcement agencies -- gathers huge amounts of data about the movements of innocent and guilty people alike. But, like the rise of government cybersurveillance, the rise of auto surveillance has happened so rapidly and completely that the public may only be waking up to it long after it has become an ineradicable fixture of modern American life.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-01-29/big-brother-is-watching-you-run-errands

For those who are just learning of this "new" development I feel I should inform you that that "conspiracy crackpot" that everyone loves to discount and make fun of Alex Jones warned about this very thing 15 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8erCvBSa1HM

#4 poncho, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  5. Sapper Woody

If you look, it's totally different than what you are saying. It's not about "nothing to hide". In this case, it's the opposite. It's about knowing when you can break the law and get away with it.

FWIW, I said they shouldn't have technology in the US except on the border. So it's nothing like those who only want police and military to have guns. I want nobody to be using this technology.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's a little to late for that. The Genie is already out of the bottle.

Those in power who enforce the law ignore and break the law on a regular basis. We shouldn't have a set of rules for the "authorities" and another for the peons. I see what you're saying about people using WAZE to know when it's safe to break the law but I don't believe for a minute the police are as concerned about people breaking the law as they are about losing a big revenue stream.

If this were just about people going over the speed limit and the police worrying about safety on our highways or even their own safety like they claim I could agree with you. But it's not.

It's about state and local municipalities losing money. A lot of money.

Look at the technology of cell phones. The PTB can use them to spy on us without our knowledge or consent and that's fine hardly anyone objects because "they have nothing to hide" but when someone uses that technology to record one of the "authorities" abusing their power or tracking their movements they want it outlawed.

Look at how the police have abused their power to seize assets from the citizens. In Nashville it's well known that drugs come into the city in the East bound lane of I 40 and the money goes out in the West bound lane. So where do you find all the cops pulling people over? The West bound lane. And they've built themselves a reputation for confiscating people's money and not charging them with any crime.

Proving that they don't care about stemming the flow of drugs going into the city. They only care about grabbing the money for their own department's use as it goes out of the city.

We no longer have a system of justice in this country. We have a system of legalized theft.

#6 poncho, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  7. Sapper Woody

I agree. Sad thing is, we've allowed terrorism (or the threat of it) to change our way of thinking. We'll gladly trade in our freedoms for a feeling of safety. Just another way the government is taking more control of our life.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yes and contrary to popular belief it's been a bipartisan effort to rid us of our liberties. Both sides use the same scare tactics and cite the same threats to cover for their own crimes, increase their own power and funding and to take our liberties.

That's why I get so sick of hearing it's all the democrats or it's all the republicans.

And oh yeah let's not forget the left and right's favorite excuse, "your guy did it so don't whine because my guy is doing it now".

As if one guy breaking the law or ignoring it justifies another guy doing the same.