1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured John R. Rice and the Antichrist

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Sep 21, 2014.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Pope will not and cannot be the Antichrist. Read Revelation 13. The first beast is a political figure and the second is a religious figure. The first is the Antichrist and the second the false prophet. The first will have a one world government and the second will have a one world church.
    Even if the Pope were involved he would not be the Antichrist, the first beast. This much is obvious. You need to read your Bible.

As to who it is, it is all speculation. The head of the ISIS has a better chance than the Pope because not only is he religious, he is political.
    I didn't prophecy anything. I speculated. I said here is a possibility that frankly makes more sense than the Pope. The Pope cannot be the Antichrist, but he could play the role of the false prophet.

Even then it is still speculation. No one knows for sure.

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

DHK - I'm very much eclectic when it comes to Revelation (though I'll admit that I never really considered any specific terminology for my beliefs until recently). I don't read it as literally as many people on this forum do. Not that that should cause division. So long as we believe Christ to be our foundation and salvation to be the keystone doctrine of our faith, then our individual views on eschatology shouldn't really keep us from fellowship.

I'm not saying we shouldn't study the past. The history of Israel and the Church are great for us to know. When I said "down the road" I was meaning the future. It's my opinion that we gain no ground by making claims that 'this person is the Antichrist' or 'the Antichrist will rise from this group or this nation.' You admit scripture is profitable for us, but scripture says we are already at war with antichrists. To spend our time trying to determine who the future Antichrist is will take away our focus from the here and now. I seem to recall some scripture saying 'take no thought for tomorrow.'

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Go to any systematic theology book. I believe there are ten basic fields of doctrine. I won't list them all. But you know what I mean: Chrisology, theology proper, Bibliology, Pneumatology, etc. One of those main fields, one of the ten is eschatology. It takes up a good chunk of the Bible covering portions of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and almost every book in between. It can't be ignored.
    I said very plainly in my post that to state who the antichrist is, is simple speculation. It is Protestant that wants to state positively that the Antichrist is the Pope. I said he is wrong, for he cannot be identified with any degree of accuracy.

Now look at what the Bible really says:
    [FONT=&quot]1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.[/FONT]
    --Yes there are many antichrists in this world today. But John states that THAT Antichrist is still to come. There is still one very specific Antichrist that will come. He is more accurately described in Revelation 13, however he is prophesied right here in a passage that you referred to by John.
    One cannot escape eschatology.
    All the Bible is inspired of God and is profitable, not just the parts of the Bible that one enjoys.

4. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm not trying to give off the impression that I am ignoring eschatology. I was just trying to say that we can rile ourselves up and go around and around in circles over debates like this. It really doesn't matter what your eschatological viewpoint is concerning future events when the same scripture says we are already dealing with the "spirit of antichrist" and the fact that there are already "many antichrists." I'm not trying to be snarky or facetious here, DHK. I've seen arguments like these tear apart churches, or study groups, or friendships.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Welcome to Baptist Board. This is a debate forum. If you don't wish to debate there are fellowship forums where they discuss the weather and daisies.

Here we debate sometimes very controversial topics, whether they be centered on eschatology, or aspects thereof; a whole forum given to Calvinism vs. Arminianism; tongues and the gifts of the Spirit, different religions like Catholicism, and different doctrines of those religions.

It is a debate forum, and the fire often gets hot. If you don't like or appreciate debate then perhaps you would be better off in a fellowship forum.
    BTW, this isn't a church. We don't know each other. More than that this forum in particular is "The Other Christian Denominations Forum," so there is bound to be great differences in the doctrine presented. There is greater unity in the Baptist only forums, but still much disagreement there, usually because of the nature of controversial topics debated.
    The versions forum is often hotly contested.
    Again, if you don't like debate stay out of debate forums.

6. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm not saying I don't like to debate things. I really do, if you got to know me... And I don't mind confronting someone if I think they're in the wrong.

But even you have to admit that, many times, debate is just another door for the enemy to enter in through, as our debates can get so mean and nasty that it becomes a perfect stomping ground for Satan.

The only other alternative is to lay out at the beginning of each thread what points of view are most welcome in that thread. I've noted that some threads around here are not very friendly toward the Amil point of view, some are fairly against dispensationalism. I don't want to limit people like that.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At one time many Christians beleived the one world religion would be the Catholic church. Now many believe it will be Islam. I see no evidence of either. What I believe is the one world religion will resemble neither one of those but will be focused on worshiping the literal anti-christ. The advancement of Islam, IMO, could be the catalyst that sets up Israel to agree and sign a peace agreement with what will turn out to be the anti-christ. Islam may be a dirving force that makes Israel comfortable with that.

But anyone who talks in definite terms like they know what will happen and what the one world religion will look like is just talking.

#47 Revmitchell, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  8. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Having read with great interest your take on the question “Are Catholics Saved?” (which thread is on the Baptist Only Theology site), I’ve no doubt you fully understand the significance of what it means to be ‘born again’……unlike too many of the ‘famous’ religious leaders today.

Praise God for your scriptural/spiritual discernment.

I found disconcerting, however, the many views expressed on the thread which have no biblical basis…..merely emotional personal opinion.

The Lord’s Prayer which states ‘deliver us from evil’ is no mere pie in the sky dream.

The Papacy and RCC is that particular evil of which the Lord has warned His flock for 2,000 years.

Deliver them He does. When He calls them out of her, they come out.

As did you.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”

On the other hand, at this point in time the Lord has not been pleased to reveal the mystery of iniquity to you.

It does not mean He never will.

To date He has not done so as is evident in your numerous posts.

The Good News is the fact that you are not a false prophet with millions of followers.

You are a serious believer in Christ alone whose justification is by faith alone.

Your salvation is not dependent upon your prophetic views.

It need be re-stated that the Mystery of Iniquity has not been a mystery to millions of Christians over the span of 1,000 years.

How so?

It was they who were in the front lines battling the Beast and his locust army.

The Lord did not allow them to go to battle unprepared.

He wrote of the coming Man of Sin aka Antichrist centuries beforehand.

He then revealed his identity and the identity of his false church to those against whom the Antichrist would do battle.

God’s Elect were ready for the fight.

In examining the heresy trial records it soon becomes obvious the so-called heretics were consistent in their view as to the evil nature of the Papacy and his Church.

They knew exactly with whom they were dealing: the predicted Papal Antichrist and Mystery Babylon.

The detailed step-by-step documentation written over the centuries proving the identity of the Man of Sin aka the Son of Perdition aka the Scarlet Beast aka the Little Horn aka the Willful King aka the 8th Head who is also the 7th Head who is also the Beast with the 7 Heads aka the Antichrist is so plentiful and exact that Christian leaders who teach prophecy are without excuse for their ignorance.

The Mystery of Iniquity is a spiritual mystery.

The mystery of Mystery Babylon is also a spiritual mystery.

The Man of Sin aka Antichrist is all part of the same spiritual mystery.

Arabs are no mystery.

Neither is pagan Rome or Judaism.

The Apostle John was not ignorant of this.

However, he was ignorant that in the future there would arise out of the city of Rome a professing Christian Church considered to be the one, holy, catholic, apostolic Mother of all churches, yet would be condemned by God as the Great Whore, The Mother of all harlots, who thirsts after the blood of the saints, worldly rich beyond belief, proud and lifted up.

Nor did John know that the head of that apostasy would claim to be a disciple of Christ chosen to lead His universal flock as its Universal Bishop, yet in the same breath oppose Christ’s Gospel, Christ’s teachings and Christ’s doctrines, replacing them with his own false Gospel, false doctrines and perverse traditions.

These truths needed revelation by the Spirit through the messenger angel.

Furthermore, it is no mystery as to how Futurism and Preterism gained its foothold.

The Jesuits were desperate to direct focus off the Papacy and RCC.

They initiated the new interpretations.

With the advent of the printing press much Protestant prophetic literature was being distributed throughout Europe resulting in many eyes being opened as to the fulfillment of the prophetic mysteries in the Papacy and Church of Rome.

Catholics left the RCC in droves.

The Jesuits needed to stem the tide and point the guilt elsewhere.

Today a veil has been draped over the eyes of much of the professing Christian Church, thanks to a duped leadership which both promotes and praises the Papacy and his false Church.

I have given proofs of such duped leadership.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

For the most part I agree with your view.
    The one world religion/church could also be highly influenced by the Charismatic movement and the ecumenical movement both of which are very pervasive in our society today.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe, I just believe that we need not look to what is going on now to see what the one world religion will look like. Instead we should look at what is going on now to see what the catalyst will be to set it up. I believe it will look far different from anything we are seeing today.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your arrogance is noted--"I am always right and you are always wrong," attitude.

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(ESV) For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way.
    --In the Great Tribulation there will be a time of complete lawlessness.
    Why? Because that restraining influence of the Holy Spirit will be taken out of the way via the rapture.

Vs.8 THEN, shall that Wicked (One) be revealed. He is a person. He is THE Antichrist. But the Lord will destroy after seven years of Tribulation.

vs.9 The Antichrist's coming will be after the work of Satan--deceiving the people and doing lying works and wonders.

vs. 10.2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    --There are no Christians in the Great Tribulation. They have been raptured. All the world will follow the Antichrist. They love not the truth, that they might be saved. IOW, they will not be saved. This is indicated in verse 11.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    God will send them a strong delusion (no believers); all of them will believe a lie (that the Antichrist is God).

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    --no believers here. All are damned. They do not believe the truth. They have pleasure in unrighteousness. These are the unsaved of the Great Tribulation who are following the mystery of iniquity or lawlessness otherwise known as the Antichrist.

There can be no clearer explanation and description than in this passage of scripture.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually his behavior is much like an internet troll. His posts are only meant to inflame. He seems to know the lingo but does not have the heart.

13. Protestant

The Papacy is a Powerful Political Office

As I have stated earlier the Lord has chosen not to reveal the mystery of iniquity to you at this time.

I now understand why.

You have neglected to hear the witness of the martyrs of Jesus Christ with their many biblical and historical proofs.

You have neglected to hear the alarm bells of apostasy sounding when our so-called revered Church leadership openly embraces the God-hating Papacy.

Also, you have neglected to use due diligence in actually researching topics upon which you pontificate much yet know little to nothing about.

Such is the case with your above cited quote.

The Antichrist of Scripture is both a political and professing ‘Christian’ religious world leader whose headquarters is Rome.

The Pope of Rome is both a political and professing ‘Christian’ religious world leader whose headquarters is Rome.

The Pope is ruling Head of the Holy See as well as the Absolute Monarch of the Vatican City State:

“The Holy See (Latin: Sancta Sedes) is the ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Catholic Church in Rome, the episcopal see of the Pope…….The Holy See is viewed as analogous to a sovereign state, having a centralized government, called the Roman Curia, with the Cardinal Secretary of State as its chief administrator and various departments essential to administration comparable to ministries. It enters diplomatic relations with states, and has Vatican City as its sovereign territory.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_See

“Eighty countries currently maintain embassies to the Holy See. The Vatican City State, over which the Holy See is sovereign, is the smallest independent nation in the world and its size renders any resident diplomatic community impractical. Therefore, all embassies to the Holy See are located in Rome…”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diplomatic_missions_to_the_Holy_See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_the_Holy_See

The Papacy is as political as any political office can be.

That is why the Pope is constantly receiving an endless stream of Heads of State.

For the edification of the unbiased reader I will repeat a paramount Bible truth which you, DHK, cannot grasp:

The Antichrist is not only against Christ (as are all non-Christian enemies of Christ), but is a false Christ, who comes in the name of Christ as His Apostolic representative.

The Antichrist is a professing Christian leader who, through cunning deception -- deceivableness of unrighteousness -- is against Christ.

The Antichrist is a false Christ because he usurps the offices of Christ, showing himself that he is God by undermining and opposing the commandments of God, as well as replacing Christ's once for all perfect sacrifice with his bloodless, useless, blasphemous bread-god sacrifice.

The very title, Vicar of Christ -- Vice Christ -- translates into the Greek as ‘Antichrist.’

N.B. Having read your response to ‘election’ in the Baptist thread entitled, ‘What happens to those who never hear about Christ?,’ I would respectfully advise you check yourself before you speak with such hubris concerning another subject which you know little to nothing about.

As I stated a few months ago, I would be honored to debate you on this topic in the appropriate forum.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You come to your beliefs backwards.
    History does not interpret the Bible (your method).
    The Bible interprets history. It is the Bible stands and history that fails. You want me to look at various people and their testimonies in history. Why? They are not my authority. My authority is God and Him alone. He has given me His revelation in this book we call the Bible. On that will I stand, not on history.
    You seem to be using history as the basis of your doctrine, not the Word of God.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is a disgrace. You help to perpetuate that disgrace by feeding it. Shame on you.

16. Protestant

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    Behold, I have told you before.

Herein is prophecy concerning Antichrist. It is but one of numerous prophecies which spell out, in no uncertain terms, the many signs by which spiritually discerning Christians may identify the arch enemy of Christ and His Church of tares, wolves who enter the sheepfold of Christ by stealth and great cunning.

Jesus and the Apostles tell us of Antichrist’s coming beforehand so that when he does appear Christ’s blood bought Church will not be taken unaware.

The Lord, who decreed history in eternity, has sufficient wisdom to write beforehand the fact of an historical figure, holding an historical office before he becomes an historical reality.

In like manner, Jesus Christ was declared the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

Such an absolutely certain prediction could only be made by the Lord God who calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Thus, the prophecies regarding Antichrist will most definitely have historical fulfillment according to the infallible Word of God.

By comparing the numerous Antichrist prophecies in the Word of God (both Old and New Testament) with the history of the doctrines, traditions, decrees and Inquisitions of the Papacy and RCC, (not to mention geographical location), we find in them historical fulfillment of the Antichrist and Mystery Babylon prophecies.

Had only a few professing Christians discerned the Papacy and RCC as fulfillment of prophecy, there could be a case made that such a small number of like-minded Christians over the course of 1,000 years is suspect.

And had those few professing Christians been actual heretics their prophetic beliefs would most definitely been suspect.

However, such is not the case.

For in truth, the ‘greatest’ names in historic Christianity, as well as the untold myriads of humble, ‘unknown’ Christians throughout the ages, have been united in their condemnation and identification of the Antichrist Papacy and RCC.

Had they simply expressed their views without presenting biblical proof texts to corroborate historical fulfillment their witness should be deemed suspect.

But such is not the case.

The wealth of the dissenters’ materials available to us today is staggering.

Thanks to digital libraries much of their witness can be accessed through one’s personal computer.

For example, I was able to access Early English Books Online for three months via my home computer.

As a result I have downloaded numerous rare Revelation and prophetic commentaries proving the wisdom of our spiritual forefathers to far exceed that of our so-called 'leaders' today.

Other materials can be accessed via Interlibrary loan.

In short, there is no excuse for serious Christian leaders today to be ignorant of the innumerable biblical proofs by which the mystery of iniquity can be solved.

It is one thing for a typical non-professional Christian to be blind to the obvious.

It is quite another for the professional Christian leader – one who makes his substantial living by the ‘Gospel’ – one who has the heart and ears of his millions of disciples – to incorrectly judge the outrageously idolatrous blaspheming Vicar of Christ, calling him a Spirit-filled moral Christian example for us all to emulate.

Such a blatant, gross error of spiritual judgment by such ‘honored’ prophets is proof of God’s righteous judgment upon them.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

I have tried them and found their spirits to be not of God.

For the ‘Holy’ Spirit is promised to lead His people into all truth and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Contrary to DHK who finds the Baptist professors of the 1689 London Confession to be ‘wrong,’ I long for the day when I can embrace them for the great and wise men of God they truly are.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And you are entitled to your opinion. Let me remind you that what you have posted is just that--opinion and nothing else. Your authority is not the Word of God but history. Opinions have no value especially when they are not grounded on the Word of God.

18. Protestant

Do you really believe the millions of Christians who lived and died martyrs before the introduction of Futurism into the 19th century Church were not grounding their united testimony against the Papal Antichrist and his harlot Church on the Word of God?

That is precisely how they reached their unanimous judgment.

Consider this:

DHK has the hearts and ears of millions of professing Christians worldwide. He has been entrusted with a mega-ministry whose name is a household word.

DHK responds to reporters’ inquiries as to his ‘opinion’ of the Pope as follows:

“Pope John Paul II has emerged as the greatest leader of the modern world, and one of the greatest moral and spiritual leaders of this century.”

[​IMG]

How likely are you to make such a pronouncement?

If not likely, then how is it that the very Reverend Billy Graham was able to make such a blasphemous anti-Christian pronouncement?

Answer: It was due to the strong delusion sent him by the Lord God that he would believe the lie to his everlasting damnation.

19. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

This might be one of the most offensive posts I have ever seen. It reminds me of how I was when I was a very legalistic religious LOST Baptist. I have almost every book ever written by Dr. Rice, and though I don't agree with him a lot of times, God used him mightily to lead many a soul to the foot of the cross.

Imagine where America would be if we had a lot more men like him, who shared the gospel with everyone they possibly could? Imagine where America would be if people stopped spending all their time spreading so much hate, and started spreading Jesus to the lost world?

How many people have been brought to Jesus because of hateful speech about other people? How many people have a relationship with Jesus because they were told about JESUS, sweetest name I know, fills my every longing, keeps me singing as I go?

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, I don't.
    Have you now become omniscient as God, knowing the end from the beginning?
    Do you know that there were more Christian martyrs in the 20th century than in all the previous centuries added up together? Put in that light your "evidence" doesn't hold much weight does it?
    Do you know that as we enter the 21st century the rate at which Christians are being persecuted, killed or martyred has only increased from the last century. It has not diminished one iota. Your theories are out-dated and need to be revised. You are statistically wrong. You are living back in the Dark Ages when the monks had a hard time learning how to count.
    The name that I have been entrusted with is "Jesus Christ," of whom I am an ambassador. Even as I type this and post it, I do so from 12 time zones away from my own home and probably yours. IOW, I am a witness and an ambassador for the King of kings and Lord of lords in a place that you would probably never set your foot in.
    You bear false witness.
    What a ridiculous statement.
    The fact that Billy Graham may be deceived concerning one of the popes, or even about the RCC in general, does not give you license to equate him with the anti-christ. Where do you get this garbage from?
    Because he errs in one area of his Christian life, (like you are right here posting this trash), he is damned to hell??
    Do you practice what you preach? Of your four fingers when you point one there are still three more pointing back at you.