1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dan Page: Ferguson Officer Suspended for Rant

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Aug 22, 2014.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Apparently I'm a racist because I said someone acted like a thug and deserved what they got. For the record, I'd say the same thing about a white person that acts like a thug and is a burden on society. Does that make me racist against whites too?

I also missed the post where I stated my race. Would it be racist if I was black? how do you know what race I am? Are you making assumptions? Does that make you racist?

Apparently I'm also a racist because I point out facts, such as a larger percentage of the black population are involved in violent crime than the percentage of white population.

If these things make me a racist, then so be it.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a poor excuse for the one of the most reprehensible blanket stanements ever mad on BB.

You are what you say we are.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

double post

#23 Zaac, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Where did anyone call you a racist? Yall have gotten a very bad habit of claiming folks have called you racists. It's crazy because a lot of you say that Blacks are always screaming racist, yet yall have consistently accused me and others on here of calling multiple people racists and it just hasn't happened.

You don't have to state your race for us to know your race. Ain't but one. :laugh: Again, who has called you a racist?

Who called you a racist?

And you know this how? Not saying it's incorrect, but the DOJ and FBI stats usually show the number of violent crimes. I'm not sure they give the number of people committing the crimes.

Who called you a racist?

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    April or August, who cares.
    And whoever said I was in unity with him ?
    oh, yeah, idiots.
    they'd say that.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are both racists because now the thug is going to have WH aides attending his funeral.

You and I are either realists, or racists .... I choose to think I am a realist.

7. matt wade

Oh and for the record I don't think it's just blacks that have a problem with a thug subculture and violence. Hispanics have the same problem. Guess I'm a double racist.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thug culture is multicultural and is a term used to describe a type of lifestyle and behaviors. This includes attitude, dress, language etc. It is not directly associated with one particular race, however it is more closely associated with a few races and it is more pervasive among them.

It is a pejorative and therefore it is viewed very poorly. Those who support and or condone this lifestyle reject this pejorative and only want it to be considered a moral equivilent to any other lifestyle. since it carries a negative connotation those who condone this lifestyle are working feverishly to beat down any attempt to place it in a negative light by assocaiting criticism about it as racism. There is no truth to this but it makes good propoganda as it immediately raises emotions.

The truth is thugs can be any color of skin and has nothing at all to do with race.

9. matt wade

You are absolutely correct. I have just as much a problem with whites in the thug culture as I do with any other race.

However, the facts show us that blacks and hispanics have a much larger participation in the thug culture.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whites have the same problems they just do it differently. It is called being a redneck. It is the same low minded immoral mind set and thuggary.

11. matt wade

Rednecks present their own set of problems, but not the same levels of violence. Listen to country music and then rap music. Which subculture is promoting violence?

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Extremey good point, ad timely observation!!

I just happened upon a rap song the other day said "F" the cops and ill them all!

You hit the nail on the head Matt!

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:laugh: [​IMG]

You know it's okay to admit that you actively went seeking such lyrics to reinforce in your mind certain behaviors by cops against the segment of the population that shares the same skin color as the majority of rappers.

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can be such a horses patoot...I did look for the song as I hate rap. It just happened to be a FOX News segment. Gotcha there:laugh: mr. k-i-a:wavey:

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're the writer. I'm just saying that your tone , AGAIN, belied what you really had done and all you had to do was say that. :smilewinkgrin:

16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually...

That should have been "I didn't look for the song, because I hate RAP music. It just happened to be on a FOX news segment!"

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't know what you are talking about. I can assure you, I grew up in that world. I abhore it as much as I do the thug culture.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

See that's all you had to say. "I was watching FOX News..." :laugh:

19. matt wade

Yeah, I forgot that you are the only one that has any experience with rednecks. Just like Zaac is the only one with experience with blacks.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Experience with and growing up in that culture are two different things. However, the error in your response shows your ignorance more than anything else.