1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

California Passes Same-sex Bathroom Bill

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 5, 2013.

?
  1. Begin to home teach my child

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No longer allow my child to take PE classes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Petition the Board of Escuation

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Start a grass roots movement to over throw this law

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Leave the state

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Teach my kids to avoid members of opposite sex when seen in the restroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Teach my kids to avoid members of opposite sex when seen in the locker room

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. What's the big deal?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Here is what I think of California and its progressive diversity movement.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk about going to "hades in a handbasket...."this has been one of those slippery slope week in California. First the same-sex marriage biil is re-instated....and Wednesday the "California lawmakers passed AB1266 requiring public, K-12, schools to let transgender students choose which restrooms they use and which school teams they join based on their gender identity instead of their chromosomes.

Some school districts around the country have implemented similar policies, but the bill's author says AB1266 would mark the first time a state has mandated such treatment by statute."

Talk about a sick, declining society. Last year, California lawmakers passed a bill to mandate that the history of gays and lesbians and their contribution to society; the nation and California be taught in public schools. Two years ago, they mandated that teachers discuss, openly, with their classes why some students have same-sex parents, and that no one was to treat them differently than children from heterosexual families. (SEE:http://drpfconsults.com/ways-to-include-gay-and-lesbian-families-in-the-school/) This addition to the curruiculum was designated as the "Diverse Family" module, and pushed for by the LGBT commuity in the state.

So here's the question: Let's say you can ONLY afford to send you kids to public school. How will you handle the news when little Johnny or Susie comes home from school today and informs you that in the bathroom or locker room/showers, a member of the opposite sex was transferred in with them today?

2. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot an option for continue to be committed to the gospel and teach my children to love their neighbors as they seek to be salt and light to their community. Christianity has always been countercultural.

3. beameup

beameup Member

There are many reasons to "home school" or private school,
    and not send your kids to California schools.