1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Golden Gate Seminary to Relocate

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by preachinjesus, Apr 2, 2014.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci...t-theological-seminary-sell-strawberry-campus

http://www.bpnews.net/42288/golden-gate-seminary-sells-campus-initiates-relocation

Looks like the seminary finally got tired of haggling with the local city leadership that was stymying the growth and developmental plans.

I've got mixed views on this.
    1. The seminary was perfectly positioned to be a massive influence with the area and bring Gospel ready students to accomplish a great work. However, this has not happened.

2. It will be good for the seminary and their faculty to move south and set up shop somewhere more affordable.

3. Had the seminary leadership been proactive like other institutions, their online program might have helped them out and kept things moving forward on the SF campus.

Looks like some local residents will be fighting this move and are going to vocal about the seminary leaving. This is primarily because the seminary was a good neighbor and quiet, safe space. I am sad that SBCers are losing a great campus that most of them never heard about.

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder what they'll change their name to... Southern California Baptist Theological Seminary? SCBTS? So Cal Sem? Or bite the bullet and call it Western Baptist Theological Seminary.

3. PreacherTeacher

PreacherTeacher New Member

Golden Gate has been proactive with their online programs, but the community was not permitting them to develop anything on their property. It will be nice to see a new, larger location in the southern part of the state.