1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Killing Calvinism: How to Destroy a Perfectly Good Theology from the Inside

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Revmitchell, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously....are you that dense. 1st don't make assumptions
    about my statements....cause your wrong. Paul believed in a false and corrupt religion. Not in The True God. So how did he believe.....falsify! Christ tells you that nothing could ever make these type believe in Him. The only hope for them is a direct intervention......and I'm not Christ.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Full moon?

Rippon agreed 100% with a Steaver post.

I agree 100% with an IC post.

:eek:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yea.....I don't sit under Calvinist or arminians.....you got that right. My instructions come from others......some that you have maligned on this board.....stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yeah looks like you don't sit under anyone and that's an issue

#64 Iconoclast, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean Calvinistic-ally? Then no I do not. Do you mean Arminian, then no I do not, do you mean Pelegian, then No I do not, Do you mean RCC, then no I do not, do you mean Southern Baptist then no I do not. I reject all that are in error.

Now do you mean "Old School Baptist" There I have many that instruct me.....very Godly people--- Both living and dead. And lets not forget about the Holy Spirit....I consult with him every day. But how dare you say that I do not receive instruction....who are you to judge & criticize? And do you perform that task well! You may as well take it up with me as the others in my group have recognized you for what you are and basically abandoned having anything to do with you.....and I'm just speaking for the Hard Shells amongst us....with the Armanians & Non-Cals, the list is very long.

#65 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 1, 2014
  6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you do not sit under anyone as in Hebrews 13 7 about obey them that rule over you.
    hide behind this whole old school nonsense you don't even know what you believe you hide behind those man to take a stand and yet you claim you get instruction from the Holy Spirit is that why so many of your posts are full of potty mouth language

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    the reason theystopped answering is i exposed them as hyper cals

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yea ....we will see about that. :smilewinkgrin:

9. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

yep, this has been a strange thread for sure.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that all you got....you are outa bullets:laugh:

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not need any more bullets post 64 hit the bull's eye you are dead in the water the fact that web dog agreed with me n RM shows that I have two or three witnesses to confirm the hit

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: And you call that an accomplishment?!? Thats funny!

DUD!

#72 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 1, 2014
  13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am more confident that they are obeying God in both service in a local church, and serving the Lord seeking to evangelize the lost than you are.

Neither webdog or RM would write off a professed atheist as you say you would. I am confident that atheist would hear the gospel from them.:thumbsup:

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have ya tried...have they...corse ya cant speak for them right. Corse they ain't calvies either.BTW ....I don't care and thank God I ain't either. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Ha ha ha ha

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother Steve,

I post this with all sincerity, and not looking to call you out in a vile manner, but approach you in humbleness of spirit and of love.

I find it rather odd that you'd rather witness and fellowship at a pub than at a local church. I understand that you're in a dilemma and that no churches suit all of your ideaologies. But there isn't one church out there that will meet any of our beliefs wholly. Even before my change from free will to free grace, I found things at my home church I didn't agree with. There's an old saying, "eat the meat and spit out the bones", and that applies here. We gain strength spiritually when we're at church. That's where we get our biggest and best spiritual meal. If you don't get your feet under that table, you'll eventually grow extremely spiritually weak. I know what I'm talking about. I have had to miss church these last two weeks and I am so hungry for a meal, that saturday evening can't get here fast enough. I get weak in the world, and have to be fed that heavenly manna in a good worship service. Sure, God blesses us with "snacks" along the way when He blesses us, but you have to get a substained meal to get true meat, and with meat, we gain strength.

Please, do not take this as me coming at you "sideways". I am just giving you my opinion(s). But you need to try find a church that best suits you. If you will search long and hard enough, God will bless you with one to work in.

Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as a custom of certain [is], but exhorting, and so much the more as ye see the day coming nigh.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Granted.... when I find an old school church in NJ, within 50 miles of my home, then I will join it. See, that's what I am. I'm not getting polluted by the beliefs of Calvinists or Arminians. Fact is, I'm realizing (just like my fellow old schoolers), that I shouldn't be here. Thats becomming abundantly evident.

#76 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And Brother, what happens if no Old School Baptist church formulates? Then what? Every true blood bought christian needs a church to work in, imo.

Look, there are no "five point" churches in my area, and eventhough I disagree with a lot of what my Brothers and Sisters believe, I still love my home church. The closest "Old School" ORB church is ~65-70 miles from my house. There are no Calvinistic churches in my area. There are FWBs, UBs, ORBs(the UBs and ORBs in my area hold to free will), FBC, CoC, CoG, but nothing in the Calvinistic theology.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your point is?

#78 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

My point is this...if you're looking for the perfect church, one that suits you to a tee, then you'll never find it...it doesn't exist. Even amongst the Old School baptists, they will have their disagreements....

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I have a perfect church now....one devoid of Calvinists and Arminians.