1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mormons: Are you prepared?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by shodan, Feb 25, 2015.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

The late Baptist pastor John L. Smith told baptists not to let Mormons inside their doorway. Too many baptists had been converted. I heard one statistic that said for every Mormon converted, 24 Baptists were converted to Mormonism.

Most Christians (and churches) know little about Mormons and are not prepared to dispel the confusion and help others see the true light.

Equip yourself. Your church should be equipping the congregation to be light to neighbors and family.

At Christmas, the Piano Guys put out a Christmas carol with a link to reach others for Mormonism. What are you doing to reach others for Christ?

http://snowfar4.wix.com/mormonconfusion#!about/c2414

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I talk to a lot of Mormons.

An important thing to remember is that the Mormon "elder" has been trained to read from a script and block out pretty much anything you say that doesn't lead to the next point in the script.

That's both good and bad, as it's easy to get them off the script and talk to the about the Gospel, but it's also bad because it means that some of them will shut you out.

Another thing is that Mormons often have no idea what they're talking about. I don't mean that in a bad way, but they literally have not been taught theology or basic doctrine. For all the training they receive, it really just comes down to presenting talking points.

What this means is that if you bring up a Mormon doctrine or teaching, they will often deny it, sometimes dishonestly, but usually out of ignorance.

The third thing is, do NOT bring up Joseph Smith, the Mountain Meadows Massacre, or temple issues. Nothing will make a Mormon shut you out faster than those things.

Instead, just hammer the nature of Jesus Christ and justification unless they bring up another issue.

It's also important to remember that, as frustrating as it is, Mormons are not the enemy. They've been deceived by the enemy.

They're in the same boat we were before Christ saved us.

3. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

That is a KEY POINT that is also noted at the linked page. I also heard Dr. John White make the same point in the seminar that is linked there.