1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To John

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Servent, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Servent

Servent Member

Any news from Mr. U still praying for him.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last year we retired from the field, and I now am a professor of ancient languages and Bible at a Bible college in the US.

Thank you for praying for Mr. U. I haven't from him since we left Japan--he's not much of a writer. The last time I saw him he gave me a big hug (Japanese men almost never hug!) and said, "Sensei (Pastor/teacher), thank you. You changed my life!"

I almost forgot to mention. Several months before we left Japan Mr. I. trusted Christ as Savior. He was a professional mah jong gambler and a former member of Mr. U's yakuza drug gang. God is good!

3. Servent

Servent Member

I did not realize you were back home. I will continue to pray for those men the struggle they go through can be very difficult.

We have a young couple in our church who just got back from a two week trip in Japan, they are considering going back full time, I have know the young man for about 10 years and he has always wanted to be a missionary in Japan

Danny

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord! It's always good to hear of future missionaries, especially to Japan.