1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by ccrobinson, Mar 21, 2006.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not the greatest episode but it was entertaining. I didn't understand why the Doctor was so adamant that Robin Hood was not a real person. Last week he was adamant that a "good Dalek" could exist. Inconsistent character traits for the Doctor.

Oh wait! You want consistency? Here's a plot idea:

A time traveling spaceship on its way to Paradise crash lands on earth. It's damaged in the crash and must be repaired. The robotic humanoids inside the spaceship start to make repairs. They take some of the local population into slavery to help them harvest the necessary raw materials they need to make repairs. The spaceship itself is disguised as a local building.

That's the outline of two out of three stories so far. I sure hope next week is different.

Yes, and she was also in (I think) the Sontaran two-part story from the Tennant era.

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just started getting the new series here down under. The very long premier gives the tone I think of the following episodes. The utilisation of modern, liberal concepts of the 2 women living together implies more than a platonic friendship, even though one looks like a lizard?! The doctor seems to be a darker character plagued by personal demons, and so is less orientated to a children's show, the time slot is a give away anyhow. Thankfully, the DALEKS of the 2nd show retain their glorious appearance of garbage cans on wheels with a plumber's sink plunger stuck on its front!

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Kill the Moon" was possibly the worst script since the McCoy era. Full of plot holes, scientific absurdities, overdone angst, characters out of character, soap opera drama, etc. The only thing good in this episode were the special effects.

Once again Clara is the hero as the Doctor literally ran away from the crisis, not wanting to tackle the problem. If only Moffat had tacked on another glimpse of Missy and the recently deceased in Paradise he could have achieved the biggest stink of a script since Happiness Patrol or Delta and the Bannermen.

#843 InTheLight, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to wonder....

When we first met the impossible girl, she was a Dalek.

Every episode this season has been about Clara learning how the Doctor thinks about situations, the decisions he makes, the life he's chosen ("the man who stops the monsters").

And since the word is, Christmas is when Clara will stop being a companion....

...I have to wonder, are we being led up to a decision Clara makes, that puts her in the Dalek situation?

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting conjecture. We shall have to wait and see.

BTW, last week's episode, Flatliners, was excellent, and the week before, Mummy on the Orient Express was very good.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh boy, In the Forest of the Night, another dreadful story. Apparently Moffat sits around thinking of improbable scenarios, impossible scenarios, and then asks writers to come up with a story. Examples:

"Let's have a story about a dinosaur on a spaceship." Yeah!
    "How about a story where the moon is really a giant egg."
    "Let's Kill Hitler".
    "Think of a way to write a story about the earth spontaneously being covered with a forest."