1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Strips the 'Creator' from Declaration of Independence -- Again

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 19, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-again-omits-endowed-their-creator

Obama Strips the 'Creator' from Declaration of Independence -- Again
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010
    By Penny Starr

(CNSNews.com) – For the second time in little over a month, President Barack Obama stripped the word "Creator" from the Declaration of Independence when giving a speech.

"As wonderful as this land is here in the United States, as much as we have been blessed by the bounty of this magnificent continent that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific, what makes this place special is not something physical. It has to do with this idea that was started by 13 colonies that decided to throw off the yoke of an empire and said, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that each of us are endowed with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,’” Obama said in Monday's speech. [Emphasis added.]

The Declaration of Independence actually says, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.”

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

Silly carpro, don't you realize that we are so much smarter now than those old men who wrote the constitution. Those rights were not endowed by God but were the natural result of millions of years of a evolutionary process. Obama is not miss quoting the constitution he is simply translating it into modern language and scientific understanding.

Can you imagine how his version of the Bible would read?

3. targus

targus New Member

Could it be that Obama was working without a teleprompter and simply gave a "that's close enough" kind of shot at it?

Kind of like when he said "Do to others what they do to me."

For a guy who Biden says is "smart and articulate" he sure doesn't come across that when he gets away from the prepared script on the teleprompter.

4. FundyPat

FundyPat New Member

You want to blame someone for this... try blaming the Republican Party for running a Democrat-lite in the 2008 election.

Maybe in 2012, they'll run a candidate that's actually worth a hoot. Conservative is something that good ol' Juan McSame was not. :BangHead::mad:

I ought to know about all this, I blogged about all throughout 2007 and 2008, and still am! :tonofbricks:

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what. Way more important matters to deal with at this time.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the same thing at first. What's the big deal?

But then I thought, "To do this twice in row? That had to be intentional. He's being intellectually dishonest to audience."

Pardon my metaphors, but an hour glass runs out eventually and yet only one grain of sand drops at a time and you can tear down an entire fortress even if you only take out one brick at a time.

All of the seemingly unimportant things in life can add up to be the one great big thing that destroys a people. I'm including his purposeful omission of the word, Creator, our own "small" blunders, and all Americans' small deeds of apathy.

It all adds up eventually - either way. I didn't make that up, God did.

Luke 6:10 - "If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities."

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You know this is considered spamming the forum? You have posted a, basically, off-topic post just to promote your blogging.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This clause is only for those who are clinging too closely to their guns and Bibles.

HankD

10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You folks realize that not saying the word creator, doesn't change the fact that it still is there. Nobody erased it or cut it out. Relax, way bigger fish to fry. But if you must constantly watch and read those among the the fear-mongering ranks that wish to stir up things in order to generate publicity and ultimately money for their own pockets, go right ahead.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the Creator is cut out of one of the foundational documents of our nation that IMO is a "big fish".

The biggest? No, but big enough because the "leader of the free world" whose nation's motto is "IN GOD WE TRUST" made the redaction.

HankD

#11 HankD, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Is it not important to give credit to the creator for all that the He has given us including the particular liberties that we enjoy in our nation?

13. matt wade

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Obama believes, completely, that the government is the issuer of our rights.

He has to leave out the Creator. His view can't co-exist with the Founding Fathers'.

It's a huge deal. Words mean things. Even the Community Organizer's non-teleprompted words.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's right and, this fits in perfectly with the idea of collectivism which this country is not founded on BTW. God gave individuals rights. To admit that would be to admit that collectivism is a scam that's being used to destroy the very foundation of this nation. The idea that all men are created equal and have inalienable rights.

I think it's big deal too!

#15 poncho, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
  16. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it possible that in the context of the speech is is referencing the rights talked about in the Declaration of Independence and that he makes mention of them in support of the rest of his speech?!?!

Is is possible that you are worked up about nothing more then a turn of phrase in a speech rather then a state of fact or belief about the Declaration of Independence?

For the record:

I don't expect a secular government official to give any specific respect to or to honor God in any shape, manner or form. It's nice if they do but not expected not required

Our motto up until the paranoid 50's was "out of many one". The founders had nothing to do with "in God we trust". The original is a much better motto, less reactionary to societal pressures and norms.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

Being he's made the same reference multiple times...not a chance.

Then we're 0-for-2 with the clown in office now. He's much more interested in toeing the Democratic lines, and balkanizing the country. The best friend of the Community Organizer is the hyphen: "________-American."

18. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haters hate, that's what they do.

19. matt wade

Worshipers worship, that's what they do.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he did it once, or even twice, I'd agree with you. 3 times?

And then to go back and add it after someone calls you on it?
    (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-says-creator-citing-declaration-in)

Now, I'll give you this: He's very dependent on his teleprompter/speechwriter. In the interest of fairness, I'll admit it was possible he was just reading what was put before him....