1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hey Obama, Let Wisconsin Work It Out

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Hey Obama, Let Wisconsin work it out!

FoxNews reports: "President Obama, whose group Organizing for America, has bused in some of the nearly 70,000 protesters outside the state capitol on Saturday, last week called the bill 'an assault on unions.'"

I say it's an attempt to reel in the out-of-control costs of government not unlike what happens in private business when expense - including salaries and benefits - exceed revenue.

If the citizens of Wisconsin are willing to continue paying for it, let them do so, but, if not, then people will have to take a cut in pay or benefits or lose their jobs just like all the rest of us. There's nothing scared about being a government employee or a government union employee.

We need to do the same thing with the federal government. Many alphabet agencies of the Executive immediately come to mind as well as Congress and the Court. They all need some serious amputation to prevent the gangrene from killing the whole.

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

AMEN!

IRS; EPA; BATF; DoJ to name a few...

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Let the union workers settle the matter, by any means necessary. :tongue3:

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

What do you mean by "any"? Smiles or not, it sounds like you're advocating something sinister.

#4 Arbo, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
  5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the past, this is just as bad(?) as, if not worse than, Palin's crosshairs that were apparently so "sinister".

Can we blame RS if this real violence occurs?????????????:tongue3:

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

You wanna reconsider such a post?

You REALLY look bad posting this kind of stuff. Seriously.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

My point was that many, like yourself, look at unions as though they use violence as a regular means of settling issues today. I will admit that back 50 to 70 years ago, this was sometimes done. Today, however, things are rarely taken to this extreme, therefore the smiley face with the tongue.

It is almost humorous to compare teachers today to teamsters of years gone by. The teamsters were a rough crowd to which violence was sometimes a way of life. The most extreme thing a teacher uses is to send a kid to the office or to time out.

The "means necessary" today will be to appeal to the public and not give up the protest until justice is done.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you believe the employer should have no say in the matter.

Call it a stretch, but by teachers calling in "sick" and forcing schools to be closed should be called violence against our children -
    Wait that line "for the children" is only allowed to be used by the Libs.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

So Robert, the hundreds of teachers that are fraudulently getting doctors' excuses to call in "sick"...are you OK with that?

I eagerly await your reply.

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm reeealy trying to keep from making a comment about liberalism and intellectual dishonesty...:smilewinkgrin:

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize of course that you have repeated yourself??!!:D

12. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was trying to be witty, but that angle never occurred to me. :laugh:

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Such is life! The employer required a note, they get a note.

Actually, I don't have a dog in this fight. These people in Wisconsin will work it out for themselves.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

So it's OK to lie, as long as your political position is right?

Wow. You just keep sabatoging any credibility you have here.

Amazing to me that a believer would hold to such.

15. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Didn't you mean:

So it's OK to lie, as long as long as you believe your political position is right?

And, that irregardless of the consequences...

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You shouldn't accuse someone for saying it's alright to lie, while you are lying at the same time.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who do you think you're fooling? The "teachers" are committing fraud.

But that's unions for ya.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whereas I don't feel that restraint.

Police officers stood between supporters of the Republican governor on the Capitol's muddy east lawn and the pro-labor demonstrators who surrounded them. The protest was peaceful as both sides exchanged chants of "Pass the bill! Pass the bill!" and "Kill the bill! Kill the bill!"

In the rotunda, a few hundred people chanted slogans, including "Kill the bill," and banged drums.

So liberals blamed Palin for cross hairs on Congressional races but they can yell "KILL THE BILL" ad nauseum.

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

Where am I lying? THat's one of your more absurd statements as of late. And the competition is tough!

Show me where I've lied.

(hint: You won't be able to. You'll either disappear off this thread, or begin to throw insults and such. Either way, I'm about to be proven right)

So...I take it you're OK with lying about being sick...as long as you can score union points. Right?

Don't forget--post my lie on this thread, ASAP. I look forward to the circus that's about to begin.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What we are seeing in Wisconsin, and now Minnesota, are elected democrats running from a legislative fight, just because they may not win.

For 2 years , they have said repeatedly that elections had consequences, as they rammed their agenda down the throats of Americans.

Not once, anywhere in the country that I am aware of, did Republicans run and hide from a possible defeat.

Just as democrats said, elections have conseguences and the consequences of the 2008 election was that , in 2010, they were tossed out of office on their ears. Now they are running and hiding from the consequences of their actions.

Cowards, all. I can't think of anything that more dramatically illustrates the differences between liberals and conservatives than what is happening now as democrats literally hide to keep from doing their sworn duty.