1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why vote against Jeb Bush

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jun 21, 2015.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It all boils to one very important decision.

Coke or Pepsi, which do you prefer?

Gore Vidal once quipped that there is only one party in the United States, “The Property Party…and it has two right wings.”

Thus is the state of the 2016 campaign over the last 96 hours. Hillary Clinton ‘relaunched‘ her campaign on Roosevelt Island over the weekend and Jeb Bush, finally, declared his candidacy. While these two media-anointed front runners belong to different political parties, they are actually pretty close on the political spectrum.

Journalists and political commentators around the web have been noticing this relative closeness of politics between the two. Here are some of the best tidbits:

Continue . . . http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/06/16/jeb-bush-and-hillary-clinton-one-party-ticket/

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It will be a cold day in hell before I will give a democrat a vote! But to each his own!

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

He's pro common core. *shiver*

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically, with a choice of Clinton or Bush (and probably any the GOP leadership would sanction??), you're just deciding whether you prefer going off the cliff at 100 MPH in Corvette, or at 75 MPH in a Cadillac.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Let's just do what we've always done, let the herd decide.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gore Vidal. Now that's one "man" who thoroughly disgusted me. Are some of you old enough to remember when William F. Buckley (a hero of mine) was about to smash him in the face at the 1968 Democratic National Convention? These two were polar opposites. Both were towering intellectuals. Vidal was on the extreme left side of the equation and Buckley on the right.

For a contemporary equivalent of Vidal (though not nearly as intellectually endowed), Bill Maher comes to mind as someone who disgusts me as much as Vidal.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay. People who disgust you (lefties) have no valid points to offer. I get it.

Now that that's out of the way do you have anything to add that actually pertains to the article itself?

#27 poncho, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I recall that incident. I believe Buckley called Vidal a ** queer or faggot. Can't recall exactly. That was before politically correct doctrine dominated.

9. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haha, yeah, Buckley tore into GV after GV called him a "crypto-facist".

Even so, I think there is some truth in what GV said, except the property (uni)party has two left-wings - the paradigm always shifts to the left, without exception.

Bush or Clinton, the differences between the two are just a theoretical point to me because John Ellis Bush can't beat her in a head's up. The left will vote Clinton, the middle will go 2:1 for Bush and the right won't vote, do the math.