1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Witnessing to Jews and Muslims

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 25, 2014.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either you missed a comma or you just called Matt Wade a liar. What's up with that?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

He believes I am a liar because I have disagreed with him on things. He in incapable of engaging in actual debate and must instead try and attack my character. Nothing new happening there...happens all the time :).

3. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would expect more from someone whom was going to save the Jew, Muslim, false-convert, gateway drug-using, Arminian, false-church, Mormon, non-Washerite, non-Macite, homeless, book-hating, tract-loathing, demonically influenced, Dungeon and Dragon playing street people.

What he's calling you on was the 9 out of 10 encounters end in conflict statement. It is hard to quantify the actual number because we are forced to used biased evidence; specifically evan's own reports of such street encounters. I have too much to do to hunt down all the posts but the overall tone of the reported encounters has been contentious.

Based on that, the actual number is probably closer to 8 out of 10. Let me know if your pants burst into flames. That should settle the issue once and for all.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:applause::applause:

5. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I thank God that I am a Jew inwardly...
    I've drank before, back in my sin, but I'm not praying towards Mecca (intentionally) any time soon. I can't say if evangelist thinks I'm a false convert or not...
    I'm closer to this camp than I am to Calvinism, though I wouldn't necessarily align with either camp...
    Never saw a good definition of this, but I somehow think evangelist might look at my church as a false-church, since we don't agree with everything he agrees with...
    No, but I almost voted for Romney...
    I guess this is me. I'd throw Piper in there, too. Piper's notion of degrees of reward in Heaven doesn't sit well with me... I like some of the things I've heard from Washer and Mac, especially in terms of their despising the prosperity gospel, but Washer's denouncing of non-Calvinists really turned me away.
    Doesn't Matthew 25 say if we help the homeless and poor, we're basically helping Christ?
    I love books, but I'm an English major. I do not love tracts. I've seen too many that say "If you've read this and you believe it, then read this prayer and write to us telling us how you turned your life around." From my perspective, that's against scripture.
    Uh-oh. I've played D&D with my friends. We've played several times. I guess that means that Satan has taken up residence in my spare bedroom...
    No, not street people... :smilewinkgrin:

Nothing good can come from a Christian being confrontational. The times I've talked with anyone, I've done all I could to avoid being confrontational. The last thing a Christian needs is a reputation of being crass and uncaring.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh ho ho ha Ahhhh haaaaa .....oh good golly .... that's perfect! :laugh:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot his issues with drinking!!!

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My Bible says to follow Jesus. I am unable to find Piper, Calvin, Washer and many other in there. The debate should never be about what man I am following, but how is my relationship with God through Jesus and in that I cannot boast.

9. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My experiences with Muslims is that they are typically just like any other religious lost person, usually self righteous and hoping that their religious rituals get them into heaven, I usually use the ten commandment approach.

But really one of the biggest things is the Doctrine of the Deity of Christ, if you cannot get them to believe that Christ is deity, then they will not be saved.

"unless ye believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"

10. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The attitude of many people on this thread is not Christ honoring.

How are you going to sit and pick apart someone who is trying to get information to help him witness to Muslims? You would think that on a Baptist website people would rejoice to see someone who cares enough to try and win people. You may not agree with everything evan says but he sure does seem to have more evangelistic zeal than most Baptists I know.

The attitude here makes me sick.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sort of see your point with the attitudes, but you must remember that Evan6589 has a history of asking for advice then arguing about it, spurning it, and doing whatever he was planning to do in the first place. People grow tired of giving sincere answers and advice and then getting ignored, on or worse, insulted.

Search for the thread on money tracts and you'll see what I mean.

Or look at this (from today):

#51 InTheLight, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  12. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That doesn't surprise me considering most people on this board give condescending mocking and totally unedifying responses.

I could name a few people right now on this board who consistently do nothing but mock and deride others.

Seriously I am about fed up with the lack of Christian character of posters here.

Don't know how many times I have to quote where the bible says let all things be done unto edifying.

13. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the second page Evan had called Matt Wade a liar, annsni and blessedwife318 fools. How edifying is that?

14. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My post certainly applies to him as well.

15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Getting information (I am not referring to this thread only) is one thing. Seeking recognition and reinforcement for bad ideas already decided upon is another matter altogether.

The OP'er has shown over time that he believes the only valid opinions are those that agree with his. People get tired of being asked for their opinions, then discounted when they try to help this young man.

#55 Rolfe, Sep 27, 2014
  16. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you honestly going to tell me that you really in your heart don't beleive that the only valid opinions are the ones that agree with yours?

That's humanity.

How are you going to fault someone for defending what he believes to be truth?

Or should we all start buying into the truth is relative argument?

I respect someone who stands for what they believe.

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course not. That is why I have turned to others with more knowledge, experience, and wisdom in spiritual, financial, and business matters.

I do not. What is obvious, though, is that many of these types of threads are less about seeking advice and more about seeking reinforcement and respect of men.

When one is making an obvious mistake, and you are asked by that individual for advice about it, do you try to offer your best...or do you let them "live and learn"?

The issue with the individual is more about bad choices than beliefs.

#57 Rolfe, Sep 27, 2014
  18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go after Jews and Muslims, and the truth of your situation won't matter. If all they have to do is lie to destroy you, they will.

You've already put your hand to the plow. Too late to look back now.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get some information from Messianic jewish groups in order to be able to talk their views, and when talkimg with sincere muslims, keep the discussion on Jesus, asking them how can he be revered as a prophet in islam, and yet say he was also Son of God, and IF Allah made it so that he did not really die on the cross, was not Allah supporting a lie and fraud?