1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could churches be the Anti-Christ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by rodneyo777, Jun 15, 2015.

1. rodneyo777

rodneyo777 Member

When it says baptist only, does that mean baptist topics only, or baptist brethren only?

So I have a few Pastor Friends who are really into end times. They always want to talk to me about the AC.

I tell them I am just not sure it is how they think it will be, many times people think they have God pegged and next thing you know they are wrong.

Just like the pharisees in Jesus time, they thought they knew how He would come, they had the benefit of knowing the culture, language, customs, and heritage. Still they were wrong and only two people met Jesus in the temple when he was a baby.

Jesus makes an interesting statement, about people. He say many of them will agree that He is indeed The Christ, but Jesus will say I never knew you.

Then some of Paul's statements, along with John's statements, makes me wonder if the Antichrist (or instead of Christ) is something that people invest their hopes in like religious / christian activities, and going to church.

These churches do not see the dependence that people place in them, and become complicit thus being instead of Christ.

2. beameup

beameup Member

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not:
    if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. Jn 5:43

The False Christ is a counterfeit Messiah. He is proud and boastful, just like his Father, the Devil.
    Jesus was obedient to the Father, and humble.

PS: The Gospels are not "directed" at the Body of Christ, but to Israel; and much is yet future (prophetic) and concerns the Tribulation.
    The Tribulation will be a "hyper" supernatural period of time, something the world has never experienced. (except maybe pre-flood).

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only Baptists are to post in the Baptist section. Your profile says Christian - not Baptist.

Therefore you should restrict your posting to the general Christian section.

4. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer is yes, but only if you view the churches as buildings/manmade organisations.

5. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like the Rcc.

6. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Reformers and early Baptists declared the Roman Catholic Church and pope to be the antichrist

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory),

Yet He is/was also human.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Anyone who denies that Jesus Christ is/has come in the flesh as a real human being, a flesh and blood mortal, born of a woman and subject to pain, suffering and death is an antichrist.

So taught the gnostics since day 1. So they continue to teach.

This is the price of our sin, the shedding of His mortal blood through His agony on the cross.

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

HankD

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Churches could be the anti-Christ about as much as those who suggest it can.