BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > Other Christian Denominations

Other Christian Denominations Debate other denominations' doctrines/beliefs here.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 02-10-2006, 11:21 AM

Someone told me the other day that John Hagee was preaching a dual covenant theology. I went on the internet, and this is one of the statements that I found:

quote:

If just the above were all that could be reported on John Hagee, some might say there should not be major concern and there probably would not be. So what that he is divorced, a promoter of word-faith teaching and its proponents, and a slick marketeer for religious goods and products? So what that he showed insensitivity to African-Americans? It can all be overlooked since he helps so many and sends so much money to Israel, not to mention his contesting the service and fees of the U.S. Postal Service.
Yet, of additional and more serious concern is that Hagee reported to the Houston Chronicle that he believes that Jews already have a covenant with God and a relationship to God and do not need to come to the cross. Hearing this is startling. Hagee told the newspaper:
“I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah, which is the word of God, has a relationship with God and will come to redemption.”9
This certainly is a shocking statement in the light of Jesus’ words that “no man comes to the Father but through me” (John 14:6). John further writes, in his first Epistle: “He who does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:12).
The Apostle Paul, as well, would say the opposite of Hagee: “I do not set aside the grace of God: for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain” (Galatians 2:21). Paul is affirming that nothing that the Old Testament offered could avail apart from the death of Jesus.
The Houston Chronicle article further reported:
“John Hagee, fundamentalist pastor from San Antonio and friend of Israel, is truly a strange fish. ... The man has a mission. He’s out to attack anti-Semitism. He also believes that Jews can come to God without going through Jesus Christ.”10
The Houston newspaper then quoted Hagee’s own shocking words: “I’m not trying to convert the Jewish people to the Christian faith.”
And further revealed:
“In fact, trying to convert Jews is a ‘waste of time,’ he said. ‘The Jewish person who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure.’ Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha’i, needs to believe in Jesus, he says. But not Jews. Jews already have a covenant with God that has never been replaced by Christianity, he says.”11
Hagee went on to tell the Houston reporter that Paul abandoned the idea of Jews knowing Christ when he went to the Gentiles. Jewish evangelism, both presently and in antiquity, is not a failure as Hagee stated but a huge success as many missions and missionaries can report.
Christian Research Institute has also reported on this highly unorthodox view held by Hagee:
“Information about Hagee from other sources reveals he seriously differs with the vast majority of dispensational teachers because he believes that Jewish people do not need to be saved, since they are under a different covenant.”12

http://www.pfo.org/jonhagee.htm

There were many more discussions on this topic quoting other things that Mr Hagee had said in the past that related to dual covenant theology.

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/two_covenant.html

http://www.invitation.org/index.php?...iewtopic&t=218
Old 02-10-2006, 06:22 PM

John is actually Assembly of God and a strong dispensationalist.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:40 PM
20,000 Posts Club

Cornerstone is non denominational, not AOG.

"Let us reason together" says the Lord.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:49 PM
20,000 Posts Club

webdog is correct. Cornerston Church in San Antonio, TX is nondenominational.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:10 PM
7,000 Posts Club

Send a message via Yahoo to pinoybaptist
If Hagee is Baptist, then Dr. Bob must be Muslim.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pinoybaptist:
If Hagee is Baptist, then Dr. Bob must be Muslim.
hmmmmmm....I wonder.....
Old 02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
1,000 Posts Club

John Hagee was Assembly of God.
Cornerstone Church is non denominational.
I doubt if Brother Hagee's doctrine would be different than the Assemblies of God.
The Assemblies of God are a great Fellowship of God's People. They like other groups have their politics that may or may not fit certain ministries.
Regardless of wheither John Hagee is nondenominational ( As all Baptist claim to be) or wheither he was Assembly of God. he is a man that should be listened to.
He is not perfect (only 3 people on the Baptist board even claim to be perfect) but he is a Godly man that has a passion for preaching righteousness and raising Godly standards.
May people think he is Baptist because of the red carpet and white pews and the Pastors throne that he sits on.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by atestring:
John Hagee was Assembly of God.
Cornerstone Church is non denominational.
I doubt if Brother Hagee's doctrine would be different than the Assemblies of God.
The Assemblies of God are a great Fellowship of God's People. They like other groups have their politics that may or may not fit certain ministries.
Regardless of wheither John Hagee is nondenominational ( As all Baptist claim to be) or wheither he was Assembly of God. he is a man that should be listened to.
He is not perfect (only 3 people on the Baptist board even claim to be perfect) but he is a Godly man that has a passion for preaching righteousness and raising Godly standards.
May people think he is Baptist because of the red carpet and white pews and the Pastors throne that he sits on.
If he is preaching a two covenant theology, then it really doesn't matter how much money he gives to Israel, because in the final analyses, he is helping to lead the Jewish people to hell. Jesus told Nicodemus, a Jewish teacher of the Law, that unless a man be born again, he could NOT see and will NOT enter the Kingdom of God.

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus warned us:

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Boanerges:
Quote:
If he is preaching a two covenant theology, then it really doesn't matter how much money he gives to Israel, because in the final analyses, he is helping to lead the Jewish people to hell. Jesus told Nicodemus, a Jewish teacher of the Law, that unless a man be born again, he could NOT see and will NOT enter the Kingdom of God.
That's what I have heard too, Boanerges. Here is an excerpt from an article about John Hagee's "Other Gospel"

THE OTHER GOSPEL
OF JOHN HAGEE

CHRISTIAN ZIONISM AND ETHNIC SALVATION

by G. Richard Fisher

“An astonishing and horrible thing has been committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule by their own power; And my people love to have it so. But what will you do in the end?” (Jeremiah 5:30-31).

“For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek” (Romans 1:16).

Most people who see and hear the Rev. John C. Hagee are impressed. He is rotund, strident, authoritative (and could well pass for Rush Limbaugh’s older and more serious brother). His delivery alone gives the impression of one who really knows what he is talking about. However, careful evaluation of the teachings of Hagee, pastor at the San Antonio-based Cornerstone Church, reveals false teaching and a defective view of a basic and essential issue regarding salvation and the Gospel. Hagee preaches another way of salvation for the Jew, which is in direct violation of Paul’s warnings in Galatians 1:6-9.

This theological concept, which has many forms, is primarily referred to as the “Two Covenant” or “Dual Covenant” theory.

Hagee’s web site tells us that his “vision is for world evangelism. The burning passion of his heart is to win the lost to Jesus Christ in America and around the world.” That statement is not altogether true since he will not evangelize Jews and teaches salvation on another basis than the Gospel for the Jewish people.

http://www.pfo.org/jonhagee.htm

I praise God that the "Gentile" lady who led me to the Lord in 1974 did not believe that nonsense--otherwise, I would be on my way to a Christless eternity. Doing good works and being friends with Israel is one thing--but not sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with the Jewish people is heretical, IMHO.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I praise God that the "Gentile" lady who led me to the Lord in 1974 did not believe that nonsense--otherwise, I would be on my way to a Christless eternity. Doing good works and being friends with Israel is one thing--but not sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with the Jewish people is heretical, IMHO.
todah...tov maod akhoti!

y'Barekha Adonay v'yish'm'rekha