1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shepherd's Chapel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lagardo, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

I have heard people talk about Shepherd's Chapel on TV and its pastor, "Arnold Murray." I've done a little reading on some of his views but today I actually watched.

Well, in the 20 or so minutes I watched I heard some teaching on 8-day creation (God rested, then created his elect race) and I heard that not all Jesus saves will be in heaven.

Has anyone had to deal with this ministry or teachings similar?

Jsut curious,
    Aaron

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Murray is a false teacher, a heretic, and leads a cult. I am not alone in saying this. I have good friends with a relative caught up in Murray's crazy teachings.

He denies the Trinity and is a modalist.

He also teaches that the Anglo-Saxons are the chosen race.

He teaches the serpent seed doctrine -- that Satan had relations with Eve and she gave birth to Cain, who is the offspring of Satan.

One time I saw him show what looked like a giant footprint in stone. He said it came from an angel or something like that. The man is goofy but his teachings are spiritual poison.

Please check out these articles before you listen to him anymore. Frankly, I would consider it a waste of time to listen to him.

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/arnoldmurray.html

http://www.letusreason.org/Poptea4.htm

http://www.mission.org/jesuspeople/arnmuray.htm

3. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I just went to a discussion board for this group. Their issues make even the most extreme disagreements here on the BB pale in comparision. Wow---it is just too strange to believe. What is said is the blind followers of Murray who defend this apostate.

Bro Tony

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

He also believes that the unsaved person is not in the Lake of Fire, but is annihilated by God.

5. Chris L.

Chris L. New Member

I remember seeing him on TV where he stated that the mark of the beast was really only in your mind, clearly contrary to the word of God where it says the mark could be ON your forehead or ON your hand.

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine you have learned; and avoid them. Romans. 16:17

#5 Chris L., Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2006
  6. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Among the many problems with Sheperd's Chapel is that they appear to suggest that their TV program can be a church. Someone following Murray is not only likely to send their tithes to him, but to withdraw from any local church in leu or wathing the program.